Collector’s Summary

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jameth

United States

• Posted: 07/09/2019 02:22
  • Post subject: Collector’s Summary
Does anyone have any thoughts on having a counter for your listened albums, similar to the Collector’s Summary, included in the header/banner? Particularly, I was envisioning a counter that breaks it down by how many albums from the top 100, top 1000, and top 10000 of the overall chart you’ve listened to.

It would also be cool if there were a random album button alongside such a counter, which would direct you to a random album that you haven’t marked as listened.

I’m not sure how practical these features would be to implement, I’m just spitballing. But, I think they’d make the site more engaging.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 07/10/2019 07:27
  • Post subject: Re: Collector’s Summary
Hi, thanks for the ideas. To a certain extent you can already see the composition of your listened albums (e.g. at bottom of this page by decade etc). On a per chart basis, you can see which items you've listened so if you go to a particular chart and drill through on the listened items. The collectors summary currently only shows the first 1,000 albums of the overall chart, but this is something that could be configurable/selectable if that would add any value.

In terms of the random album feature, this can be accessed from the 'Resources' menu but an option to exclude listened albums could be added to enable this to do what you are suggesting (currently, you can this to only include top N albums from your profile page).
  • Visit poster's website
StefanR10
Music Genius

Germany

• Posted: 07/10/2019 10:41
  • Post subject:
good idea
  • Visit poster's website
Rhyner
soft silly music is meaningful magical

United States

• Posted: 07/10/2019 16:47
albummaster wrote:
The collectors summary currently only shows the first 1,000 albums of the overall chart, but this is something that could be configurable/selectable if that would add any value.

I'd love this. It would definitely add value for me.
  • Visit poster's website
Jameth

United States

• Posted: 07/13/2019 02:27
albummaster wrote:
Hi, thanks for the ideas. To a certain extent you can already see the composition of your listened albums (e.g. at bottom of this page by decade etc).

Yep, I use those menus to refine my listened albums list frequently. Very handy.

albummaster wrote:
On a per chart basis, you can see which items you've listened so if you go to a particular chart and drill through on the listened items.

Did you mean not listened? I knew about that feature, but I didn’t realize that tool lists your unlistened albums in a different format when followed from the overall chart, until I followed the link you provided. Seems like some of the functionality I was looking for is already in place.

albummaster wrote:
The collectors summary currently only shows the first 1,000 albums of the overall chart, but this is something that could be configurable/selectable if that would add any value.

This is what I think is needed, an option to tabulate for the top 10,000. 1,000 seems too limited...I’ve seen users who are pushing 10,000 listened albums.

albummaster wrote:
In terms of the random album feature, this can be accessed from the 'Resources' menu but an option to exclude listened albums could be added to enable this to do what you are suggesting (currently, you can this to only include top N albums from your profile page).

Yes please!!
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 07/13/2019 08:12
Jameth wrote:
Yep, I use those menus to refine my listened albums list frequently. Very handy.

Did you mean not listened?

Sorry, yes *not* listened Embarassed You can drill through to this page from any page with a 'collector's summary' toolbar (most individual and aggregate charts).

The idea of tabulating different thresholds has been added to the list and is a good idea (10,000 can be added as an option for the overall chart).
  • Visit poster's website
Jameth

United States

• Posted: 07/13/2019 12:52
  • Post subject:
Thanks man! And, I’m a dope...the collector’s summary is the same from any chart.
  • Visit poster's website
StefanR10
Music Genius

Germany

• Posted: 07/13/2019 19:52
  • Post subject:
The question is when you get the collection full Surprised
  • Visit poster's website