Possible problem with new album.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 04/13/2020 15:37
  • Post subject: Possible problem with new album.
The Dawn of Enlightment by Armory was listed on this site as a demo from 2004. I added the studio album version which was a new recording from 2007 a couple of days ago, but because of a screw-up with the chart it was filed under a different Armory which I accidentally added to the site. I immediately marked the second Armory for deletion, but the album I added was deleted instead of moved, and the entry on my chart which had the album was replaced with the demo. I re-added the album version and marked the 2004 version "demo" in its title to avoid confusion, so I'm just asking if there's any chance of the album being deleted again because I want the studio album on my chart and not the earler demo.
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 04/14/2020 04:20
  • Post subject:
To add to this, I just uploaded an album by a band called "Cre•scen•do," but it turns out the band was already here with the name spelled "Crescendo " and their other album "Unless" was uploaded. Is it possible to combine the two acts instead of deleting one since they both have an album now?
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 04/14/2020 08:49
  • Post subject: Re: Possible problem with new album.
Spyglass wrote:
The Dawn of Enlightment by Armory was listed on this site as a demo from 2004. I added the studio album version which was a new recording from 2007 a couple of days ago, but because of a screw-up with the chart it was filed under a different Armory which I accidentally added to the site. I immediately marked the second Armory for deletion, but the album I added was deleted instead of moved, and the entry on my chart which had the album was replaced with the demo. I re-added the album version and marked the 2004 version "demo" in its title to avoid confusion, so I'm just asking if there's any chance of the album being deleted again because I want the studio album on my chart and not the earler demo.

Hi Spyglass, sorry for the delay responding. Demos shouldn't be on BEA as they are not official releases, so the two albums will likely be merged and the 2007 version will remain being the first official release of this album (this will happen in the background, so no need to do anything).

Spyglass wrote:
To add to this, I just uploaded an album by a band called "Cre•scen•do," but it turns out the band was already here with the name spelled "Crescendo " and their other album "Unless" was uploaded. Is it possible to combine the two acts instead of deleting one since they both have an album now?

Thanks for reporting, this will be updated.
  • Visit poster's website