View previous topic :: View next topic
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 09/14/2020 21:39
  • Post subject:
NewsFromHome wrote:
*tips fedora* nice try kiddo

No, I'm serious. Some great deed for your agenda you did, pissing someone off to the point where they won't take you seriously. You DO owe me an apology whether you like it or not.
NewsFromHome

• Posted: 09/14/2020 21:44
  • Post subject:
JMan
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 09/14/2020 21:48
  • Post subject:
NewsFromHome wrote:
JMan

You struck a raw nerve based on a past experience that I've already explained twice, and you think you're innocent? Look, I don't give a flying fuck who this JMan, Jack or any other fucking moron was on this site, but you've made it clear that you don't care about my past experiences with false accusations that could have gotten me thrown in prison. If you honestly think you can insult me and pretend you're of a higher moral standard than me, you're a child. I don't need your apology then. You're obviously too proud for that.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 09/15/2020 02:03
  • Post subject:
Now I think I understand why people shit post and walk away... Laughing

Sorry... didn't mean this to go this way (for either side).

Anyway, yeah... NO... it's not cool to downplay rape in any form. Sexual abuse/harassment is sadly incredibly common, so no I will not dismiss/innocent until proven kinda stuff.

Now falsely accusing someone is equally damning, so yes, I agree we need to be careful, but ALL cases should be taken SERIOUSLY until proven one way or the other.
  • Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 09/15/2020 02:24
  • Post subject:
I'll take a situation like that seriously, but for the final time, I am NOT dismissing the possibility of his guilt. I'm keeping both that possibility and the possibility of his innocence in mind. I don't believe one or the other just yet.

I repeat: The Thin Blue Line is an incredible documentary on how far innocent people can suffer from false accusations. But I will admit that I hope Kozelek is innocent. If he's not, I won't ever buy his music.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 09/15/2020 03:15
  • Post subject:
Spyglass wrote:
I'll take a situation like that seriously, but for the final time, I am NOT dismissing the possibility of his guilt. I'm keeping both that possibility and the possibility of his innocence in mind. I don't believe one or the other just yet.

I repeat: The Thin Blue Line is an incredible documentary on how far innocent people can suffer from false accusations. But I will admit that I hope Kozelek is innocent. If he's not, I won't ever buy his music.

Fair enough.
  • Visit poster's website
NewsFromHome

• Posted: 09/15/2020 04:04
  • Post subject:
RoundTheBend wrote:
Now I think I understand why people shit post and walk away... Laughing

Glad I could be your interactive demonstration! Laughing
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 09/15/2020 04:43
  • Post subject:
lol
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 09/15/2020 05:28
  • Post subject:
Spyglass wrote:
You struck a raw nerve based on a past experience that I've already explained twice, and you think you're innocent? Look, I don't give a flying fuck who this JMan, Jack or any other fucking moron was on this site, but you've made it clear that you don't care about my past experiences with false accusations that could have gotten me thrown in prison. If you honestly think you can insult me and pretend you're of a higher moral standard than me, you're a child. I don't need your apology then. You're obviously too proud for that.

Nobody owes you an apology. You were flippant about real-life sexual assault allegations; you tried to rebut a paper you hadn't even read; you are repeatedly implying in various threads across the forums that you are more open-minded than everybody else, despite evidence to the contrary; when challenged, you have temper tantrums and begin just throwing out insults at everybody around you.

This is the same pattern of behaviour that saw JMan's time here become so toxic. He acted as though he was an expert on everything, despite not having done the most cursory of research. His opinion of himself was hilariously inflated, and he constantly implied that other users didn't match his moral standards. When challenged, either morally or intellectually, he flew off the handle and began demanding people apologise for minor slights in a way that was frankly unseemly.

Nobody here has thrown any doubt on your claim to have been the victim of false allegations. It's a shitty thing to have happen to you, and I'm sorry you had to go through it. At the same time, using a tiny sample size of anecdotal evidence, personal or otherwise, in the face of years and years of respected research is silly and, yes, flat-earthy. That was the point being made, I believe.

Maybe take a chill pill when another user is winding you up, and consider your response for a few hours/days before immediately spewing vitriol. Also, demanding an apology in any situation is a terrible look.
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 09/15/2020 05:55
  • Post subject:
A: You are fully aware that I said I do take the situation seriously. Taking it seriously and believing it no matter what are two different things.

B: You're the one interpreting my speech as "smarter than thou" when I could say the same to you. All I said about personal experience of the sirt was a sexual allegation. You recently pointed out that you're a teacher so you could justify your intellect. You are a hypocrite.

C: You don't get to tell me how to reply when you built a habit out of accusing me for things ever since I mentioned the word "testosterone." If that offends yoy then you need to control youself, so don't preech to me about self-control. Albummaster messaged me right after he deleted my testosterone threD, and he mentioned that people like you and Gowi have a tendency to overreact. As far as I'm concerned, you're the biggest false accuser here.

D: He deliberately insults me and walks away, and you think that's adult behavior. I don't gove a fuck about jman (I actually have to repeat this), but I'm starting to think whatever shit he put you through you put him through too.

E: I don't care if I'm not the smartest person here or if I am, but last I checked giving someone the benefit of a doubt was a good thing. If I want to say that a musician that YOU love could possibly be innocent and you wanna shit talk me for it, then you're the one with a serious issue. I'll keep saying it. Mark Kozelek might be innocent, and you know that's the case so get the fuck used to it.