Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 09/15/2020 06:09
  • Post subject:
Quote:
Albummaster messaged me right after he deleted my testosterone thread, and he mentioned that people like you and Gowi have a tendency to overreact.

Good to know.
  • Visit poster's website
NewsFromHome

• Posted: 09/15/2020 06:14
  • Post subject:
Spyglass out here wikileaksing AM's inbox
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 09/15/2020 06:15
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Quote:
Albummaster messaged me right after he deleted my testosterone thread, and he mentioned that people like you and Gowi have a tendency to overreact.

Good to know.

I thought you blocked me. So much for your hit-and-run style of "You're a transphobe hah ha I blocked you." He also told me that you don't mind offending people, so this says a lot about people who don't have the right to demand apologies. I guess you could be Jman, too.

Honestly, raising a site-wide hissy fit after someone says "A musician might be innocent" is completely infantine. I don't want to stay on a forum full of children, so I'm seriously considering moving away from this shit. I have never dealt with shit like this on Movieforums, and it's obvious that my views will be seen as inherently vain and evil. If you can find the post where I say "I'm smarter than all of you no matter what," maybe I'll apologize and spoonfeed you every agreement just so you don't cry.

Last edited by Spyglass on 09/15/2020 06:16; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 09/15/2020 06:16
  • Post subject:
I unblocked you because you responded to me in the grunge thread and it was in good faith, yes.
  • Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 09/15/2020 06:22
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
I unblocked you because you responded to me in the grunge thread and it was in good faith, yes.

While I appreciate the gesture, unblocking a man you don't like because of something like that is far more "flippant" than my comment that a woman might be lying to the world. I explain personal experience on a hurtful level, and people think I'm not taking things seriously? That's a clear-cut example of letting emotions get in the way of logic. If personal feelings are important to you, you'd recognize that and stop treating me like I'm an asshole. My personal story gives me the right to doubt this woman. And if I'm wrong, I'll admit with humility and I have no problem with doing so.

Besides, I don't see you demanding apologies from the user who addresses you as a guy on the chart made with your name on it. You know, the one from the member you defended even though she was completely cool with my mistake? Because she knows how to forgive and be friendly? How about you unblock me because you overreacted?

I'm going to bed. Tomorrow I won't even bother reading what anyone says because here it seems more important to raise childish fits over a comment than to talk like adults.
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 09/15/2020 06:25
  • Post subject:
My transition has been relatively recent but it is not a topic I am comfortable talking about. Whether I have complained to people in private about their identification of me is my business and not yours. I do not like you and your insistence that I overreacted will not change that. I have since been civil in engagements, but I care not in rectifying this. You are not entitled to my friendship or my "whitelist". This thread and others is not for such personable issues so this will be all I will say on that subject.
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 09/15/2020 06:26
  • Post subject:
Spyglass wrote:
A: You are fully aware that I said I do take the situation seriously. Taking it seriously and believing it no matter what are two different things.

B: You're the one interpreting my speech as "smarter than thou" when I could say the same to you. All I said about personal experience of the sirt was a sexual allegation. You recently pointed out that you're a teacher so you could justify your intellect. You are a hypocrite.

C: You don't get to tell me how to reply when you built a habit out of accusing me for things ever since I mentioned the word "testosterone." If that offends yoy then you need to control youself, so don't preech to me about self-control. Albummaster messaged me right after he deleted my testosterone threD, and he mentioned that people like you and Gowi have a tendency to overreact. As far as I'm concerned, you're the biggest false accuser here.

D: He deliberately insults me and walks away, and you think that's adult behavior. I don't gove a fuck about jman (I actually have to repeat this), but I'm starting to think whatever shit he put you through you put him through too.

E: I don't care if I'm not the smartest person here or if I am, but last I checked giving someone the benefit of a doubt was a good thing. If I want to say that a musician that YOU love could possibly be innocent and you wanna shit talk me for it, then you're the one with a serious issue. I'll keep saying it. Mark Kozelek might be innocent, and you know that's the case so get the fuck used to it.

A: You were pretty flippant initially, though it's good of you to have since at least begun to acknowledge the seriousness of the allegations.

B: See your own point E for a clear example of you believing your own opinion to be categorically "correct", in spite of your admittal that you are basing it on anecdotal evidence rather than the research papers offered to you in this thread. (Also, I believe I mentioned my occupation in reference to my own acknowledged hypocrisy regarding my acceptance of misogyny and homophobia in hip-hop but not in wider society. Feel free to use it against me, but please try to do so for the right reasons.)

C: I was simply pointing out the folly of this sort of discourse based on extensive experience of it during my many years on these forums. albummaster is correct - I have had a tendency to overreact over those years. You can either take my advice or ignore it, though I'd obviously recommend the former.

D: The worst insult I could find against you (prior to the JMan reference) was that you were being stubborn (which, you know, you were). Choosing to ignore scientific research in favour of personal experience and anecdotal evidence is reminiscent of the flat earth movement.

E: Giving someone the benefit of the doubt is one thing; doing so in the face of overwhelming statistics to the contrary, not to mention the very specific and alarmingly similar nature of the allegations against Mark Kozelek, is quite another.

Have a nice day, anyway!

Last edited by Skinny on 09/15/2020 07:00; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
NewsFromHome

• Posted: 09/15/2020 06:28
  • Post subject:
and remember, "“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” ~ Marcel Proust, In Search of Lost Time

GBYA!
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 09/15/2020 12:16
  • Post subject:
wouldn't it be cool if we defended sexual assault victims as fervently as we defend musicians who sexually assaulted women

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 09/15/2020 12:45
  • Post subject:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
wouldn't it be cool if we defended sexual assault victims as fervently as we defend musicians who sexually assaulted women

• Visit poster's website