Popularity of Teens of Denial and Twin Fantasy

View previous topic :: View next topic
NJ

United States
  • Posted: 09/23/2020 05:44
  • Post subject: Popularity of Teens of Denial and Twin Fantasy
I haven't made a new topic myself in forever, but this has been on my mind. Maybe eventually I'll post about something non-CSH related. Anyways,

Why is Teens of Denial so much more popular on this site than Twin Fantasy, when it's the reverse on RYM? (Also sorry if you guys don't appreciate mentions to other sites like that, but I'm curious about this). Teens of Denial is rated 3.78 on based on 11,186 ratings, appears on 1,634 lists, and is ranked #478 on RYM as of me typing this. Twin Fantasy is rated 3.82 based on 13,600 ratings, appears on 1,835 lists, and is ranked #273 overall. Here, however, Teens of Denial is rated 83 based on 702 ratings, appears on 580 charts, and is ranked #214 overall on this website. Twin Fantasy is rated 82 based on 677 ratings, appears on 408 charts, and is ranked #397 overall.

The obvious answer is that this website has a much smaller sample size than RYM, but I'm curious what it says about this smaller community that Teens of Denial is so much more popular when it's the opposite on RYM. I was thinking that it could be that this website is more rock-oriented than RYM, and ToD is a more traditional rock album, and perhaps the percentage of queer users on this site is smaller as well, but I want to know what you guys think about this discrepancy.

For the record, I like them about the same. One any given day I'll like one more than the other. Though I do like the original Twin Fantasy more than either of them, so I'm probably just weird. Teens of Denial is more perfect, but Twin Fantasy is more ambitious, I guess.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States
  • Posted: 09/23/2020 16:33
  • Post subject:
As a bystander/not a real fan/deep diver, whatevs...

I'll say musically Teens of Denial was an immediate "wow" experience and Twin Fantasy seemed to be more lyrically driven (which for me is nearly always a turn off... for me it's always music first, lyrics are more the icing on the cake... important, but only 10% of the experience).
  • Visit poster's website