The BEA U.S. Republican Presidential poll.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Who do you intend on voting for?
Michele Bachmann
10%
 10%  [2]
Herman Cain
0%
 0%  [0]
Newt Gingrich
0%
 0%  [0]
Jon Huntsman, Jr.
5%
 5%  [1]
Gary Johnson
0%
 0%  [0]
Ron Paul
35%
 35%  [7]
Rick Perry
0%
 0%  [0]
Mitt Romney
10%
 10%  [2]
Rick Santorum
0%
 0%  [0]
Undecided
0%
 0%  [0]
None of the above
40%
 40%  [8]
Total Votes : 20

fellow

• Posted: 11/16/2011 01:29
  • Post subject: The BEA U.S. Republican Presidential poll.
The BEA straw poll.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 11/16/2011 09:41
  • Post subject:

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/16/2011 10:03
  • Post subject:
I don't know any of these people Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 11/18/2011 22:06
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
I don't know any of these people :lol:

Well, here's a quick breakdown for you:

Michelle Bachman is the religious fundamentalist big corp puppy who's famous for quotes like "I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence" and "Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas".

Herman Cain is the religious fundamentalist big corp puppy who happily played the race card on Jon Stewart for quoting him word for word on the three-page bill bill, who is still worried that China might develop nuclear weapons (even though they've had them for 50+ years), and who most likely won't make it because of the sexual harassment publicity.

Newt Gingrich is the religious fundamentalist big corp puppy who really should have problems winning the core republican votes because he cheated on his two first wives and who doesn't understand that you don't make sense when you are worried that your grandchildren "will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists".

Jon Huntsman Jr is quite a bit more palatable on his religious views (even though he is a mormon without being ashamed of it) and not quite as eager to run the big corporations errands. He doesn't really stand for a whole lot though and isn't a serious contender.

Gary Johnson I do not know either.

Ron Paul is the extreme religious fundamentalist big corp puppy who for some weird reasons has a huge following of ignorant people who believe he is the new Messiah (I have posted some of his flaws on the Who will be the next president thread).

Rick Perry is the religious fundamentalist big corp puppy who is the easiest of them all to make fun of. Among his famous quotes are this one on evolution: "It's a theory that's out there. It's got some gaps in it. In Texas we teach both Creationism and evolution.", this one on the Obama birth certificate issue: "It's a good issue to keep alive. It's fun to poke at him.", this on the BP oil spill: "From time to time there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented", this one on homosexuality: "Even if an alcoholic is powerless over alcohol once it enters his body, he still makes a choice to drink. And, even if someone is attracted to a person of the same sex, he or she still makes a choice to engage in sexual activity with someone of the same gender.", and this glorious debate with Mitt Romney: "Is it the Mitt Romney that was on the side of — against the Second Amendment before he was for the Second Amendment? Was it — was before — he was before the social programs from the standpoint of — he was for standing up for Roe v. Wade before he was against first — Roe v. Wade?". There's a hundred more out there.

Mitt Romney is the religious fundamentalist big corp puppy who will happily lie his heart out if he thinks it benefits his campaign and he will as happily claim they weren't lies when caught, as in when he claimed he'd been a hunter pretty much all his life to flirt with the gun fans. It turned out he'd only hunted twice, but once was when he was 15 and once in 2006, so yeah, pretty much all his life. Or when "his father marched with Martin Luther King"...well, it wasn't in the same city or even on the same day, but hey...they both marched.

Doesn't matter which one you pick, you can't go right with any of these options.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/18/2011 23:28
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
Doesn't matter which one you pick, you can't go right with any of these options.

this could be true for any country in the whole world! Very Happy

thanks for the low-down Laughing . I've always wondered what makes somebody go into politics? I remember at college, the politics students were socially dyslexic with no mates. I know, I'll join the debating society and meet some other cretins! Idea
  • Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 11/18/2011 23:32
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
I remember at college, the politics students were socially dyslexic with no mates.

That is no longer true Evil or Very Mad

Well actually

it kinda is Rolling Eyes

God there are some awful ones
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 11/19/2011 00:20
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
albummaster wrote:

Ron Paul is the extreme religious fundamentalist big corp puppy who for some weird reasons has a huge following of ignorant people who believe he is the new Messiah (I have posted some of his flaws on the Who will be the next president thread).

FAIL Rolling Eyes

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 11/19/2011 02:06
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:

• Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 11/24/2011 17:50
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
albummaster wrote:
I don't know any of these people :lol:

...that was actually spot-on.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 11/24/2011 18:01
  • Post subject:
Oh, and if anyone is interested, this is why I'm against Ron Paul.

1. He believes abortion is an "act of violence", and thus a crime. At least he doesn't want it fucking amended, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66jpPCIzza8
2. He seems to want to fragment the federal government and create a series of mini-state powers, with his obsession with state sovereignty from the state. ...that isn't that great of an idea. "A house divided cannot stand"? Remember that speech?
3. He's a religious fucknut who wants to reunite church and state. You know, the very idea his country was FOUNDED AGAINST. Seriously scary shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKykqI-a4GQ
4. He doesn't believe in evolution, and is outspoken about it. What's worse is his reasoning for dumping on evolution involves a "great creator".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JyvkjSKMLw
5. He's SCARILY libertarian. Hmm... a rich guy who is a libertarian... why would that happen... oh yeah, so he and his friends don't have to pay for all the social institutions that serve the lower classes through their taxes, and they can pretty much breeze-by untaxed forever!
6. Ironically, considering the above, he's also very anti-gay and describes homosexuality as a "mental problem".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeW0DY64bE
7. Is against women in the military because apparently they'll "just end up being knocked up".
8. His supporters believe in the Illuminati and 9/11 conspiracy theories, and he is paranoid and believes everyone is out to get him.
9. He WAS against pro-death penalty but randomly switched camps - ironic considering how often he talks about how "consistent" he has been during his tenure in government.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAXAsg4RvdI

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website