ALC #21 : Koreless - Agor

View previous topic :: View next topic
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 07/12/2021 20:42
  • Post subject: ALC #21 : Koreless - Agor
WARNING: This Album ONLY sounds awesome on a really good sound system!!!

Agor by Koreless

Genre: Electronic
Released: Just last week (I believe)

Got home from the ER last night in a Benadryl haze and was immediately blown away. I could tell that the guy was a perfectionist. Everything in its right place. Turns out he spent about a decade making this little beast. BUT, it really requires a good sound system. Tried listening in my car, and thought - "Oh fuck. This sucks. It's giving me a headache and EVERYONE is going to hate me and think I don't know shit about music. Remembered that my self worth is NOT tied to this one decision and started breathing again. Then just put it on again on my crazy good sound system and AGAIN was blown away. My reputation should be able to ride this out, I whispered to my frayed nerves. Laughing

I think it's pretty cool. Love to other's take. I think we're all pretty overwhelmed with listening rn. But, if u get the chance and like dark(ish) electronic, this baby is pretty fucking awesome coming through the right set of pipes.
  • Visit poster's website
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 07/14/2021 00:06
  • Post subject:
This album was really cool. Probably best listened to on a surround sound system, but my fancy headphones did a pretty good job. I can immediately see what you're talking about, and would love to take another listen on higher end equipment. That said, I think this can probably still be thoroughly enjoyed with whatever you have on hand.

Usually I'm not as much into this type of soundscape/minimalist/electronic stuff, but this blew me away. Great recommendation.
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 07/14/2021 15:43
  • Post subject:
I don’t have a good sound system for this Sad
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 07/14/2021 17:28
  • Post subject:
This is a blast from the past. Saw a great Koreless set at Outlook festival back in 2011, around the time everyone was talking about ‘future garage’ as though it were a real thing. Loved his colourful, muscular tunes full of joyous clipped vocals. That weekend was nutty. Saw Pharoahe Minch while I was tripping absolute balls. Did enough pills to kill a bison. Had to drop two Valium for the 24-hour coach journey back from Pula to London just to stave off the terrors. Thanks for the reminder. Had no idea he was still making music, to be honest. Will check this later.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 07/16/2021 17:40
  • Post subject:
Interesting textures for sure - lots of teasing in the mids/highs. Just cuz it seems like the artist likes to screw with stuff, I wonder if the artist put stuff in only dogs could hear. Black Rainbow's "chorus" especially made me think that with that very high pitched "wind" sound.

Musically though... gotta be honest, it was a little annoying. Meaning while it felt like a cool test, I wouldn't find catharsis in this. Black Origami was like this for me too, even if I liked that a little more - it shares an artistic vein.

Still cool listen - thanks for the share!
  • Visit poster's website