Party Playlists

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 06/23/2013 19:57
  • Post subject:
every now and then I try to make a party playlist on my ipod, but i'm never really satisfied. my ipod just isn't party enough.

usually if i get control of the music at a party i'll put on TNGHT or azealia banks or some shit, usually appeals to everyone

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 06/23/2013 19:59
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
There is no living if you aren't partying. This is a fact.

Well, I'm pretty much asocial, so I guess I'm a ghost. Boo!
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 06/23/2013 20:10
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
Well, I'm pretty much asocial, so I guess I'm a ghost. Boo!

Then try and change that. There is no greater way to waste your life and potential and no bigger shame than to be an unapologetically apathetic introvert.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 06/23/2013 20:17
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
Then try and change that. There is no greater way to waste your life and potential and no bigger shame than to be an unapologetically apathetic introvert.

Are you being serious right now? I'm not going to change that. It is a part of my personality, which you really can't change. I can accomplish what I want to accomplish in life without involving myself with lots of people. I mean, I have my best friend who I am very close with, I just don't have anything to gain from social scenarios. Let's see, I want to be a writer and live in a quaint little house in Wales and grow my own vegetables (cliched, I know). I'll probably have to converse with editors and publishers, yadda yadda, for publishing the book, and that is fine. I am not militantly asocial or anything like that. I just don't see the need for involving myself in social scenarios. And sometimes I feel like being with a lot of other people will just pull me down and dilute my thinking. And I especially don't understand how party scenarios will make my life any better. Maybe you really enjoy them, and they make your life really fulfilling, but I want something different from life, and that is fine, people are many and varied.

Oh, and I wouldn't say I'm apathetic, I care greatly about people and sympathize with them, I just find that in groups they become less individuals, and more a big blur. But individuals, yes, I really care about their lives and their views. Well, depending on the individual that is. Laughing
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 06/23/2013 20:33
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
Are you being serious right now? I'm not going to change that. It is a part of my personality, which you really can't change.

You can do very much to change it, changing yourself is easy beans. I had a friend in high school who never went to parties, claimed they "weren't for him", claimed he was content in living in near-solitude with a couple close acquaintances. Said he thought that was what made him happy - despite having little no experience in the other side of the spectrum.

Now, several years later, he's been coming out with me and our friends as a regular when we go to parties, raves, clubs, have adventures, do copious amounts of psychedelic drugs at the cottage, etc. Last night we went out on a bar hop, followed by dancing and picking up random strangers - he has expressed to me, time and time again (usually after becoming piss drunk), that if he could back and see his past self he would kick the shit out of his younger self for being an idiot and wasting his life. He was too content as a teenager in being deep within his comfort zone and now, looking back, he has nothing to show for it. He says "comfort is cowardice" a lot nowadays, it's become kinda like his motto, he's even considered tattooing it somewhere.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 06/23/2013 20:37
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
You can do very much to change it, changing yourself is easy beans. I had a friend in high school who never went to parties, claimed they "weren't for him", claimed he was content in living in near-solitude with a couple close acquaintances. Said he thought that was what made him happy - despite having little no know experience in the other side of the spectrum.

Now, several years later, he's been coming out with me and our friends as a regular when we go to parties, raves, clubs, have adventures, do copious amounts of psychedelic drugs at the cottage, etc. Last night we went out on a bar hop, followed by dancing and picking up random strangers - he has expressed to me, time and time again (usually after becoming piss drunk), that if he could back and see his past self he would kick the shit out of his younger self for being an idiot and wasting his life. He was too content as a teenager in being deep within his comfort zone and now, looking back, he has nothing to show for it. He says "comfort is cowardice" a lot nowadays, it's become kinda like his motto, he's even considered tattooing it somewhere.

There are other ways of leaving your comfort zone. I just don't want that with my life. There are plenty of things I want to do and have done that are very rewarding experiences.
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 06/23/2013 20:37
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
Are you being serious right now? I'm not going to change that. It is a part of my personality, which you really can't change. I can accomplish what I want to accomplish in life without involving myself with lots of people. I mean, I have my best friend who I am very close with, I just don't have anything to gain from social scenarios. Let's see, I want to be a writer and live in a quaint little house in Wales and grow my own vegetables (cliched, I know). I'll probably have to converse with editors and publishers, yadda yadda, for publishing the book, and that is fine. I am not militantly asocial or anything like that. I just don't see the need for involving myself in social scenarios. And sometimes I feel like being with a lot of other people will just pull me down and dilute my thinking. And I especially don't understand how party scenarios will make my life any better. Maybe you really enjoy them, and they make your life really fulfilling, but I want something different from life, and that is fine, people are many and varied.

Oh, and I wouldn't say I'm apathetic, I care greatly about people and sympathize with them, I just find that in groups they become less individuals, and more a big blur. But individuals, yes, I really care about their lives and their views. Well, depending on the individual that is. Laughing

Also you're 14. High school and college could easily change your mind on everything

And the bold isn't true. Hanging out in groups is good for not only learning from other people but also yourself as well. Meeting new people is one of the best things in life
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 06/23/2013 20:38
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Also you're 14. High school and college could easily change your mind on everything

And the bold isn't true. Hanging out in groups is good for not only learning from other people but also yourself as well. Meeting new people is one of the best things in life

It could.

I don't think so. I can't think straight in groups. I learn more from people when it is one-on-one.
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 06/23/2013 20:47
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
It could.

I don't think so. I can't think straight in groups. I learn more from people when it is one-on-one.

You shouldnt be looking for tangible benefits from socializing. But being comfortable in groups is something that can be gained simply by being in groups. Being able to talk to people whether in groups or not is never a bad thing to be good at
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 06/23/2013 20:54
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
You shouldnt be looking for tangible benefits from socializing. But being comfortable in groups is something that can be gained simply by being in groups. Being able to talk to people whether in groups or not is never a bad thing to be good at

Yeah, I definitely agree that it is unhealthy the way I am, but I am doubtfully ever going to party or anything like that as Jack suggests, since that is so far removed from who I am, but I am definitely going to work on my ability to communicate with people, in groups or out. Honestly, I harbor a kind of disdain for people and how they do things, but I am absolutely working on that, and at this point it only springs up occasionally. I'm not going to let myself be a misanthrope.

Edit: And sorry for highjacking your thread, Jack.