2. Highway To Heaven
3. Little House On The Prairie
4. Twice In A Lifetime
5. Early Edition
6. Christy

Tallied Smile

theblueboy wrote:
I'll follow Bozo's lead and post a draft here as well:
(I got carried away with indicating the countries of origin-this isn't necessary, but I liked how it looks)

23. Twin Peaks (US)

49. The Watchmen (US)

65. The Watchmen (US)

81. The Staircase (US)

I know this was just a draft Blueboy, but you have the Watchmen twice, and I'll need to know which version of The Staircase that is (there was a dramatization of it this year).

Also, I'd opt for Twin Peaks to be divided into the original and the 2017 release— if there's an agreement otherwise, we'll consider them all under one show though.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 06/11/2022 21:56
  • Post subject:
BozoTyrannus wrote:

24. Ed Norton, The Honeymooners

Art Carney* Wink

All good.
BozoTyrannus

Guyana

• Posted: 06/11/2022 23:44
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
BozoTyrannus wrote:

24. Ed Norton, The Honeymooners

Art Carney* Wink

All good.

Link

And make Sean Pean
  • Visit poster's website
theblueboy

• Posted: 06/12/2022 08:14
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

theblueboy wrote:
I'll follow Bozo's lead and post a draft here as well:
(I got carried away with indicating the countries of origin-this isn't necessary, but I liked how it looks)

23. Twin Peaks (US)

49. The Watchmen (US)

65. The Watchmen (US)

81. The Staircase (US)

I know this was just a draft Blueboy, but you have the Watchmen twice, and I'll need to know which version of The Staircase that is (there was a dramatization of it this year).

Also, I'd opt for Twin Peaks to be divided into the original and the 2017 release— if there's an agreement otherwise, we'll consider them all under one show though.

Oops on The Watchmen- well noticed on this. I mean the documentary series version of The Staircase and original Twin Peaks. Not seen the 2017 series. Yeah, I’ll clear all this up on my final list. I did think of Twin Peaks as one show including 2017 version, but I don’t know about this since the later series basically passed me by.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 06/12/2022 14:07
  • Post subject:
theblueboy wrote:

I mean the documentary series version of The Staircase

All good Blueboy. (I figured it was the original Twin Peaks, but I actually thought you meant the dramatized version of The Staircase because the doc is technically French).

Not a problem. Looking forward to your final list Smile
theblueboy

• Posted: 06/15/2022 14:58
  • Post subject:
BozoTyrannus wrote:
Top 25 musicks!

1. Cowboy Bebop (THE ORIGINAL ONE)
2. Planet Earth II
3. Mission: Impossible
4. Rome
5. Flight of the Conchords
6. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
7. Chernobyl
8. Firefly
9. Roots
10. Bob's Burgers
11. The Mighty Boosh
12. Community
13. Lost
14. It
15. Steins;Gate
16. Twin Peaks
17. War & Peace (2016)
18. A Series of Unfortunate Events
19. Star Trek: Voyager
20. Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
21. Invader Zim
22. Masada (1981)
23. Taboo
24. Little Dorrit
25. Miami Vice

Good work Smile I actually forgot about War and Peace. I can now add it to my main chart ( replacing one of the Watchmens Laughing

My one major point of difference with soundtracks is Planet Earth. I really can’t get along with nature docs with an obviously cinematic soundtrack. Guess I’m in the minority though.

Really don’t know how I will rank soundtracks myself. So hard to remember what was good except for shows that are obviously musical ( this reminds me to consider Crazy Ex Girlfriend for my main chart though). I might include some things with good theme tunes and others that I remember as being atmospheric.

George Lucus: If a soundtrack does it’s job right, then the viewer should not even notice it.
Well, I guess that’s not always true, but he has a point.

Really liked the soundtrack to Killing Eve in early seasons but it was so annoying in the final one - kept turning down the tv!
AgainstMeAgainstYou

Canada

• Posted: 06/15/2022 19:19
  • Post subject:
On the topic of dividing Twin Peaks between old/new (which I agree with; I also think Dexter and New Blood should probably be considered separate shows) what's the view on anthology series? True Detective to me feels like three completely separate things. I know S3 has that blink-and-you'll-miss-it reference to Marty and Rust, but it's such a difficult show for me to place if I rank it as a whole. S1 on its own is probably in my top 10; the three seasons together might not even crack my top 100.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 06/16/2022 01:17
  • Post subject:
theblueboy wrote:

George Lucus: If a soundtrack does it’s job right, then the viewer should not even notice it.

Really liked the soundtrack to Killing Eve in early seasons but it was so annoying in the final one - kept turning down the tv!

Dunno if I agree with Lucas. I get what he's saying, but it's not always true. I think he meant something more along the lines of if a piece of the score is out of place, you're going to notice. Interesting he even said that considering Star Wars. I mean... who doesn't notice the Star Wars soundtrack?

And the finale of Killing Eve really soured it for me Sad I love season one and two (and even most of three and four), but that finale was Sick (and not just because of the final minute(s)... I'm talking all of it). Regardless, Comer will be on my actress list. Insane performance.

Quote:
(which I agree with; I also think Dexter and New Blood should probably be considered separate shows)

Yeah, definitely. I think True Detective (and Fargo, American Crime Story, American Horror Story, etc) shouldn't be divided into their seasons though. Just all pieces of the overall puzzle (for good or bad).

Anyway— season three of Barry was incredible. I'm not sure where it'll land on my list, but it definitely shot up because of it. That motorcycle chase scene was one of the best I've ever seen. For a comedy, the season finale was one of the bleakest episodes of drama out there. A+.
theblueboy

• Posted: 06/16/2022 08:08
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
theblueboy wrote:

Dunno if I agree with Lucas. I get what he's saying, but it's not always true. I think he meant something more along the lines of if a piece of the score is out of place, you're going to notice. Interesting he even said that considering Star Wars. I mean... who doesn't notice the Star Wars soundtrack?

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I guess he means the soundtrack should serve the film by enhancing the drama without pulling focus. I suspect there are a lot of really good soundtracks that do this and I will not notice them. Though it obviously doesn’t apply to a lot of stuff that puts music in the foreground deliberately.

Quote:
And the finale of Killing Eve really soured it for me Sad I love season one and two (and even most of three and four), but that finale was Sick (and not just because of the final minute(s)... I'm talking all of it). Regardless, Comer will be on my actress list. Insane performance.

Having just watched, it will have to fall down my chart a bit. I found the last season watchable overall, but it has dipped pretty badly. Why did anybody do anything? It all felt forced. Though yeah, Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh will both be on my performance list anyway. The actors playing Carolyn and Konstantin were great support too so they will go on the long list.

Quote:
Anyway— season three of Barry was incredible. I'm not sure where it'll land on my list, but it definitely shot up because of it. That motorcycle chase scene was one of the best I've ever seen. For a comedy, the season finale was one of the bleakest episodes of drama out there. A+.

I really like this show and need to see the latest season. Strangely, it never seems to get hyped. NoHo Hank is a great character!
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 06/23/2022 20:39
  • Post subject:
Are non-fiction series or variety/game shows allowed?
  • Visit poster's website