Editing albums

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 12/05/2011 14:56
  • Post subject: Editing albums
Hi ! The problem has probably been raised somewhere else, and it's also probably just a matter of clicking in the right place (as always with me), but here's what : I've been wanting to edit the albums from my decade charts which were not yet on BEA. And although I have no problem adding the tracks, the year of release doesn't show after I've changed it.

Plus, I consistently get a message telling me that if I have made changes, I should answer "yes" : I don't know where. I'm perfectly willing to answer "yes".
  • Visit poster's website
Taric

Netherlands

• Posted: 12/05/2011 14:58
  • Post subject:
One of the first lines:

[example] Backless by Eric Clapton (View on site) | Google | Approve: Yes (HEREHEREHERE) No (NOT HERE)
  • Visit poster's website
Taric

Netherlands

• Posted: 12/05/2011 14:59
  • Post subject:
Woah man, there are like hundreds of albums added in the last day.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/05/2011 15:51
  • Post subject:
Taric wrote:
Woah man, there are like hundreds of albums added in the last day.

I know Sad The moderation system is flooded with albums that haven't been edited. I hope it doesn't stay like that. Otherwise, I might have to find some incentive to help these get filled out, such as an album not counting towards the rankings unless the details have been entered, or some sort of cap on the number of 'new' albums. I might disable new albums being added entirely if the number of albums in the queue gets much higher.
  • Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 12/05/2011 16:30
  • Post subject:
So how about everyone who has a little time to spare chips in and starts editing? We don't want any of those things to happen. The info on Wikipedia is normally reliable enough to get the facts.
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 12/05/2011 16:43
  • Post subject:
I'm kind of busy these days, but I'll help with the moderation when I find some time.

I really wish though that people who add new albums would also moderate them. I mean they should be the ones that would want to see the updated info the most, right?
  • Visit poster's website
Taric

Netherlands

• Posted: 12/05/2011 16:45
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
I really wish though that people who add new albums would also moderate them. I mean they should be the ones that would want to see the updated info the most, right?

Seconded. Plus they are the ones that know the album better than I do.

Isn't there a faster way of doing this than ctr-c + ctr-v-ing my fingers blue?
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/05/2011 16:46
  • Post subject:
Thanks Bork, although it's going to take a continuous effort to keep on top of things.

I sort of anticipated this happening with the early flood of charts being added. Before yesterday, the moderation system was barely keeping on top of things, so I'm thinking that decade charts are a step too far for the site to self-manage. If that proves to be the case over the next week or so, then I think one of the above measures will have to be implemented to put a lid on things.

I'd much prefer a smaller, more accurate database, than a larger database that nobody can rely on (which is no use to anybody).
  • Visit poster's website
Fergenaprido

Canada

• Posted: 12/05/2011 18:06
  • Post subject:
I actually didn't realize that we could edit the album track listings ourselves until yesterday. I thought that everything had to be submitted and then approved by albummaster or one of the other moderators.

Now, though, I'll be making more changes myself, since I seem to be adding a lot of albums that are not on here. The only thing I'm not good at is the images... I don't really understand how to add the album images, either from google or from my computer.

Also, when I'm not sure about the correct or original tracklisting, I leave it blank. That's what I did with Enrique's Euphoria (sorrry). There is an international version, a US version, and a UK version (which I bought), so I didn't know which to add... Neutral
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/05/2011 18:42
  • Post subject:
Fergenaprido wrote:
Now, though, I'll be making more changes myself, since I seem to be adding a lot of albums that are not on here. The only thing I'm not good at is the images... I don't really understand how to add the album images, either from google or from my computer.

Thanks for the feedback, perhaps the instructions need to be a bit clearer. The way to add images is to use the browse button to locate the image on your local PC. When you click the save button, the image will be uploaded.

Fergenaprido wrote:
Also, when I'm not sure about the correct or original tracklisting, I leave it blank. That's what I did with Enrique's Euphoria (sorrry)

I think that's a sensible course of action, better to leave it blank than enter something that might not be right. .

Fergenaprido wrote:
There is an international version, a US version, and a UK version (which I bought), so I didn't know which to add... Neutral

BEA's policy is to list the original track-listing for an album, so whatever came out first (not including 'bonus' tracks).
  • Visit poster's website