Me saying hello

View previous topic :: View next topic
Stevo796

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/23/2023 12:30
  • Post subject: Me saying hello
Hi all,

This seems to be the place to start on the forums here. I had signed up for the site years ago, and rediscovered it. I figure I'll give things a real go over here! It's nice to see that there's still a pretty strong community here too.

I've been having a bit of trouble finding new music that isn't being recommended by Spotify, so I figure this place is a good place to come to for recommendations outside my little bubble. I've been having fun going through the charts, and have already discovered some great albums in my short time back here.

Happy to chat about music and the like as well so feel free to give me a shout!
  • Visit poster's website
MadhattanJack
I mean, metal is okay, but...

United States

• Posted: 09/23/2023 21:22
  • Post subject:
Good to see you! Smile

I really like your Top 100 chart, though it definitely needs an infusion of XTC material. (Maybe just swap out the Radiohead album, since they don't really need more ranking points.) Also, you should probably have more Canadian stuff in there since you're from Canada, otherwise you're kind of letting the side down...?

That's all just my opinion, of course, which I suspect is considered somewhat off-kilter by most BEA members. But so far nobody has threatened me with a lawsuit, so that's good.
  • Visit poster's website
Stevo796

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/25/2023 08:53
  • Post subject:
Haha, I don't think I'm looking to gamify anything -- I just really like the Bends, and think it's a strong album. I did include a few Canadian albums in my greatest overall chart, but I've always had more of a soft spot for British bands. I've moved to Scotland as well since I had registered on the site!

I'm working on my decade lists now that I've levelled up enough, and I know that I'll have a lot more Canadian music reflected on these charts, so hopefully I'll be able to give them a welcome boost!
  • Visit poster's website