Change In Year Not Recognized

View previous topic :: View next topic
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 11/15/2023 20:34
  • Post subject: Change In Year Not Recognized

"Early Count" - Complete Reco...ount Basie

This album was originally added with a release date of 1992. It was later discovered that it was originally released with the above title in 1976. The date was changed. However, this album still shows on year (1992) and decade (1990's) charts (4 of them...I removed it from my 1992 chart).

Shouldn't this have been flagged when the release date was corrected in 2022?

Thanks!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 11/15/2023 23:31
  • Post subject:
For year/decade changes, it would be great to get an automated PM when an album you have in a chart is no longer eligible for it. As is, I only notice whenever I happen to be editing the same chart later.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/20/2023 11:36
  • Post subject:
baystateoftheart wrote:
For year/decade changes, it would be great to get an automated PM when an album you have in a chart is no longer eligible for it. As is, I only notice whenever I happen to be editing the same chart later.

That's a good idea, probably also albums that are flagged as suspect after being added to the site. A PM might be the best way (but could become spammy), or some other kind of alert. Agree some kind of notification would be useful and will add to list.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 11/21/2023 16:40
  • Post subject:
While we're at it...I had an album from one of my custom charts that is no longer on the site. It has been removed from a chart of recently added albums. This could have been an album from my collection, but I have no way of knowing which one it was (my collection is over 3500 albums)...which could cause me some issues down the road. Is there any way of finding out which album was removed from the site? And in the future, can we be informed when something we add is taken down?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/22/2023 08:32
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
While we're at it...I had an album from one of my custom charts that is no longer on the site. It has been removed from a chart of recently added albums. This could have been an album from my collection, but I have no way of knowing which one it was (my collection is over 3500 albums)...which could cause me some issues down the road. Is there any way of finding out which album was removed from the site? And in the future, can we be informed when something we add is taken down?

I'll add to list (deletions are normally made 30 days after an item has been flagged as suspect). Moderated items that affect charts are now newly deleted items, newly suspect items and items appearing in year/decade charts that have had their year of release modified after a chart was updated (making album invalid in chart that it appears). The data for newly added items is normally more volatile than for items that have been here a while. Just need to find the best way of surfacing these so that they are noticed but not too spammy.
  • Visit poster's website