This article pisses me off, so I thought I'd make a topic.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
TheAstralPlane

• Posted: 01/20/2012 03:59
  • Post subject:
Some of these album I am actually a bit luke warm about, such as Mellon Collie and Californiacation. However Sgt. Peppers, Play, Nevermind, and What's the Story Morning Glory are all fantastic albums. Even if you don't like the music you have to acknowledge the impact on the music industry and the public some of the albums have had.
  • Visit poster's website
gtroda

• Posted: 01/20/2012 04:39
  • Post subject:
I agree that Nevermind is massively overrated. It is a good album but not great. I get sick of reading how people say it changed an entire music industry and brough rock back to the mainstream. That doesn't even make sense. One album alone can't possibly do something like that. And there were several other alternative rock albums made at the time that were starting to get radio play before Nevermind came out.
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 01/20/2012 04:48
  • Post subject:
gtroda wrote:
I agree that Nevermind is massively overrated. It is a good album but not great. I get sick of reading how people say it changed an entire music industry and brough rock back to the mainstream. That doesn't even make sense. One album alone can't possibly do something like that.

You'd be surprised.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 01/20/2012 04:54
  • Post subject:
Johnny Flynn wrote:
The fact that the writer finds Billy Ray Cyrus underrated and calls Achy Breaky Heart a good song voids his opinion on anything else he may have said.

Sorry but, I doubt you have actually listened to Billy Ray Cyrus. He is not anywhere near great but is by no means a bad singer. He just happens to be one of those it is ok to pick on. Like Nickelback. Because of that, I would definitely agree that Billy Ray Cyrus is SEVERELY underrated.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 01/20/2012 20:58
  • Post subject:
gtroda wrote:
I agree that Nevermind is massively overrated. It is a good album but not great. I get sick of reading how people say it changed an entire music industry and brough rock back to the mainstream. That doesn't even make sense. One album alone can't possibly do something like that. And there were several other alternative rock albums made at the time that were starting to get radio play before Nevermind came out.

Really? Then please, by all means, name me one album that came before Nevermind that sounds anything like Nevermind.
ShaneSpear
Thread Killah

United States

• Posted: 01/20/2012 21:07
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
gtroda wrote:

Really? Then please, by all means, name me one album that came before Nevermind that sounds anything like Nevermind.

Doolittle Wink
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 01/20/2012 21:08
  • Post subject:
ShaneSpear wrote:
swedenman wrote:
gtroda wrote:

Doolittle Wink

Lolwat

Not that I don't love Doolittle Wink
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 01/20/2012 21:16
  • Post subject:
Nevermind is a more radio friendly version of 1980s alternative rock. Probably the first album like that to really go mainstream, so yeah I actually think it did change the music industry, along with Pearl Jam's Ten... The question is if that's a good thing, because it mostly inspired pale imitators than actual great bands
  • Visit poster's website
Chemical Smile

Guatemala

• Posted: 01/20/2012 21:53
  • Post subject:
Nirvana's biggest singles:

Link

sounds like:

Link

&

Link

ripped off:

Link

maybe not as ground breaking as thought... d'oh!

• Posted: 01/20/2012 22:19
  • Post subject:
Chemical Smile wrote:
Nirvana's biggest singles:

Link

sounds like:

Link

&

Link

ripped off:

Link

maybe not as ground breaking as thought... d'oh!

Okay, I don't know the Killing Joke song (and can't listen to it right now because I'm listening to Toxicity), but Smells like Teen Spirit and More than a Feeling? Is that a joke?