Little known BEA facts

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 08/19/2011 00:34
  • Post subject: Little known BEA facts
Well it's basically a thread we can share little known facts about best ever albums, favorite albums or any other popular albums. I'm sure you could share with us better ones lol. I'll start:

- The guy in the songs 'Another Brick in the Wall Part 2" and "The Happiest Days Of Our Lives" was actually by David Gilmour's second year teacher at school.

- A Rush Of Blood To The Head is the third album Coldplay recorded. The mastertapes for the second album were set on fire in a spur of the moment by Chris Martin and the band worked on a completely new set of tracks. Chris Martin was very nearly sacked over this.

- The vast majority of The Dreaming by Kate Bush was sung and wrote while she was intoxicated.

- Lou Reed had been writing songs for his first solo album long before he joined The Velvet Underground. By the time the group disbanded he had enough material for his debut and Transformer.

- Many of the tracks on Rubber Soul were written by a woman named Judie Hartwright and given to The Beatles via management. John and Paul had a hard time acknowledging that a woman could write songs up to their standard and performed them without putting her name on the credits of the album. They were taken to court over this and an undisclosed amount was given to Judie as compensation.

- In early recording sessions for the album, Morrissey intended The Queen Is Dead to be a glam rock opera in tribute for Jobriath.

- 9 of the tracks on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band contain backmasking. 8 of these contain variations of "Brian is a gay gay gay man, man"
Cryptozoologist

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2011 01:28
  • Post subject:
This is a joke, right?

Yeah, it has to be a joke.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 08/19/2011 01:32
  • Post subject:
Cryptozoologist wrote:
This is a joke, right?

Think

Um. No? This thread is fine. I found some of that stuff interesting.

Or are you referring to some of the facts?
Cryptozoologist

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2011 01:34
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Cryptozoologist wrote:
This is a joke, right?

Think

Um. No? This thread is fine. I found some of that stuff interesting.

Or are you referring to some of the facts?

Specifically to the Rubber Soul "fact". It;s not even an unconfirmed rumor, considering that when I Google "Judie Hartwright Rubber Soul" nothing comes up. An Outlaw is high or trolling or seriously misinformed.
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 08/19/2011 12:22
  • Post subject:
Yeah, i googled the Judie Hartwright thing and the only related result was this thread.
  • Visit poster's website
daveybaker

United Kingdom

• Posted: 08/22/2011 20:51
  • Post subject:
The Rubber Soul one has to be nonsense. I've read maybe 10 - 15 books about the Beatles and never seen it mentioned.
  • Visit poster's website
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 11/16/2011 13:33
  • Post subject: Re: Little known BEA facts
an_outlaw wrote:
Well it's basically a thread we can share little known facts about best ever albums, favorite albums or any other popular albums. I'm sure you could share with us better ones lol. I'll start:

- The guy in the songs 'Another Brick in the Wall Part 2" and "The Happiest Days Of Our Lives" was actually by David Gilmour's second year teacher at school.

- A Rush Of Blood To The Head is the third album Coldplay recorded. The mastertapes for the second album were set on fire in a spur of the moment by Chris Martin and the band worked on a completely new set of tracks. Chris Martin was very nearly sacked over this.

- The vast majority of The Dreaming by Kate Bush was sung and wrote while she was intoxicated.

- Lou Reed had been writing songs for his first solo album long before he joined The Velvet Underground. By the time the group disbanded he had enough material for his debut and Transformer.

- Many of the tracks on Rubber Soul were written by a woman named Judie Hartwright and given to The Beatles via management. John and Paul had a hard time acknowledging that a woman could write songs up to their standard and performed them without putting her name on the credits of the album. They were taken to court over this and an undisclosed amount was given to Judie as compensation.

- In early recording sessions for the album, Morrissey intended The Queen Is Dead to be a glam rock opera in tribute for Jobriath.

- 9 of the tracks on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band contain backmasking. 8 of these contain variations of "Brian is a gay gay gay man, man"

Shocked Judie Hartwright? Huh?
And the Sgt. Pepper one? Hmm, not surprising actually......and can you tell us which tracks exactly were those?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 11/16/2011 14:09
  • Post subject:
This one is false.

Many of the tracks on Rubber Soul were written by a woman named Judie Hartwright and given to The Beatles via management. John and Paul had a hard time acknowledging that a woman could write songs up to their standard and performed them without putting her name on the credits of the album. They were taken to court over this and an undisclosed amount was given to Judie as compensation.

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Mind Movie

• Posted: 11/16/2011 14:31
  • Post subject:
Actually "OK Computer" isn't the best album ever released. Seems to be a little known BEA fact.
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 11/16/2011 14:35
  • Post subject:
Mind Movie wrote:
Actually "OK Computer" isn't the best album ever released. Seems to be a little known BEA fact.

Laughing

Applause

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website