Currebt U.S. Foreign Policy

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 11/27/2008 02:47
  • Post subject: Currebt U.S. Foreign Policy
Hey there, I've been becoming more and more interested in U.S. foreign policy as of late and wanted to start a discussion to share some fascinating opinions that are being largely ignored by the mainstream media. I wanted to know first off, what the members of the site thought about on-going conflicts, such as support for Israel in the Israel-Palestine conflict, the war in Iraq, the threat of a war with Iran; the purpose being is that my eyes are just being opened to the numerous acts of terrorism the US government is committed to and I wanted to know what citizens of that country thought about it?
  • Visit poster's website
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 11/28/2008 01:24
  • Post subject:
If anyone's interested in the Israel-Palestine conflict, I'd suggest watching this video on how the American media is portraying the event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZw7dBZFCVM
It is close to 30 min long, but it will open your eyes. If that intrigues you, check out this website: www.ifamericansknew.org . you can read one of the most objective histories about the Palestine-Israel conflict.
  • Visit poster's website
maxxy

United States

• Posted: 11/28/2008 16:09
  • Post subject:
Personally, I think we never should have gone into Iraq. If you've looked into it at all, you'll see that many of Bush's people bent the truth when they presented the information to the president. Bush really did think there were WMDs in Iraq, but, for example, Dick Cheney did not. Cheney is a total asshole, but he is really smart-smarter than Bush. He manipulated Bush into invading Iraq. If we're going to go into another country, I wish it would at least be one that poses a legitimate threat to us. I do support the effort in Afghanistan... I think that should have been our main focus.

As for Israel-Palestine...well I'm kind of undecided on that...
  • Visit poster's website
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 11/28/2008 19:08
  • Post subject:
The main motive behind the Sept 11 attacks was the insane amount of money the U.S. sends to Israel everyday (so says the Executive Director of the 9/11 commission). Your government gives Israel upwards of 6 million dollars daily to maintain their military dominance of the area. It's disgusting because the Jews who settled there back in 1881 drove out the indigenous people by buying up all the land from Turkey and effectively committed genocide on the Palestinians over the next 70 years. The Zionists (the Jews who settled in Palestine) were able to do this because the Arab peasants in the area did not officially own their property (it was owned by Turkish landlords), and the Zionists bought up all the land that the Arabs had been living on since the 8th century.

After WWII, there was a huge amount of pressure put on the U.S. by Zionists who wanted to make Palestine the home of the Jews. The U.S. bowed to this pressure presumably because of the Holocaust. Palestine was divided into 2 states by the United Nations, one called Israel for the Jews and the other for the Arabs. Interesting that the U.N. did this, as it goes against International Law. The U.S. doesn't really care about right and wrong however, what is important to them is protecting their military and economic interests.

Think about what your tax money is going towards. Instead of giving your people universal health care, your government is supporting the displacement and murder of innocent Arab people. There is no way someone can justify what has happened and what is currently going on in Israel. It's terrorism, plain and simple. It would be like me trying to justify the genocide of the Aboriginals living in North America, because I wanted the land for myself.

I suggest you check out that website if your against terrorism.
  • Visit poster's website
maxxy

United States

• Posted: 11/29/2008 18:44
  • Post subject:
I see your point. I'm torn on this issue because, yes I would like to support Israel mostly because they're our only real ally in the middle east...But it's a money vacuum, and it pisses a lot of people off over there. And yes, not all of the money goes towards good causes. The problem is that this fucking conflict has been going, if on and off, for like 1500 years and I don't think its gonna to stop anytime soon. In essence, its an extremely old religious conflict...I don't know very much about the history there. I'll wikipedia it.
  • Visit poster's website
maxxy

United States

• Posted: 11/29/2008 18:46
  • Post subject:
In my expert opinion, Israel should not have been created in the first place.
But hell, what do I know? I'm not a world leader...
  • Visit poster's website
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 11/30/2008 18:37
  • Post subject:
maxxy wrote:
I'm torn on this issue because, yes I would like to support Israel mostly because they're our only real ally in the middle east

They're America's only White ally in the Middle East. You're forgetting Saudi Arabia and Indonesia, both Arab nations.

maxxy wrote:
The problem is that this fucking conflict has been going, if on and off, for like 1500 years and I don't think its gonna to stop anytime soon. In essence, its an extremely old religious conflict

The Zionists started moving to Palestine in 1881 A.D., thus the conflict has been going on for over 100 years. It is true that Jerusalem has been the Holy City in Judaism for thousands of years. For the Jews it is about religion; they're Jewish fundamentalists. For the Palestinians, the conflict is simply about regaining control of the land that was taken away from them.

maxxy wrote:
n my expert opinion, Israel should not have been created in the first place.

I completely agree with you. Any sane person would.

maxxy wrote:
But hell, what do I know? I'm not a world leader...

That's a naive sentiment to think world leaders are in a better position to judge the conflict. They have military and economic interests at stake. The average American, in my opinion, isn't interested in quasi-Nazi world dominance. They want safe streets, schools, parks, health care, they want to live in a good country,. The U.S. is a great country, that is, if you live in the U.S.. The rest of the world, even its allies, view it as the #1 terrorist state.
  • Visit poster's website
maxxy

United States

• Posted: 11/30/2008 19:08
  • Post subject:
I see your point about being a world leader.
When I said the conflict has been going on for 1500 years I mean the generic conflict between the two sects, not just specifically in Israel.

Indonesia? I wouldn't call that the middle east. And Saudi Arabia is...well, technically they're our ally but I don't think we get along with them quite as well. For example: Both Obama and McCain said that if Israel was attacked we would aid them without going to the UN council (which is a stupid idea, if you ask me). If Saudi Arabia asked for help, we would go the security council and talk it over.

If you ask me, we shouldn't interfere at all. When we've tried that before, it just made things worse.

Last edited by maxxy on 11/30/2008 19:12; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
maxxy

United States

• Posted: 11/30/2008 19:10
  • Post subject:
What do you think about the Bush Doctrine? I think its imperialistic and unreasonable.
  • Visit poster's website
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 11/30/2008 19:27
  • Post subject:
You're right, Indonesia is in Asia (my bad).
  • Visit poster's website