Collection composition

View previous topic :: View next topic
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 09/02/2012 09:37
  • Post subject: Collection composition
First of all: thanks for the many new great additions (the august 2012 site update). You have certainly made a great job, albummaster! One of my favourite additions is this one, which I didn't even know was suggested:

Quote:
You can now filter and see a breakdown of the albums in your collection, listened and favourites by year, decade, band and nationality.

Very helpful, but as I see it's also possible to filter albums by year. This is unfortunately not possible for me, I haven't been able to filter my albums by year in either the collection, listened or favourites section. However, I can filter my albums by decade, band and nationality.

I hope this will be fixed, as this is really helpful when creating year charts!

And another little issue: I can't add the albums that appear in my charts as favourites. When looking at the albums, it says that they appear in my favourites via chart, but they don't appear when I look at my favourites section.

Thanks again.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 09/03/2012 14:42
  • Post subject: Re: Collection composition
Mother Nature's Son wrote:
Very helpful, but as I see it's also possible to filter albums by year. This is unfortunately not possible for me, I haven't been able to filter my albums by year in either the collection, listened or favourites section. However, I can filter my albums by decade, band and nationality.

I hope this will be fixed, as this is really helpful when creating year charts!

And another little issue: I can't add the albums that appear in my charts as favourites. When looking at the albums, it says that they appear in my favourites via chart, but they don't appear when I look at my favourites section.

Thanks again.

Sorry, you're right. I forgot to add the year breakdown Embarassed There's only a decade breakdown at the moment. I'll add another level to allow you to drill through from the decade composition to the individual years.

The issue with favourites has also been reported by other people, so I'll look into that too...
  • Visit poster's website
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 09/03/2012 15:38
  • Post subject: Re: Collection composition
albummaster wrote:
Sorry, you're right. I forgot to add the year breakdown Embarassed There's only a decade breakdown at the moment. I'll add another level to allow you to drill through from the decade composition to the individual years.

The issue with favourites has also been reported by other people, so I'll look into that too...

Thanks, after all it is human to forget! Wink

But I guess I'll have to wait till November with the year breakdown (which is okay, I have patience)?
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 09/03/2012 15:55
  • Post subject:
no, I'll fix newly reported bugs over the next few days - you won't have to wait too long...
  • Visit poster's website
lightmyway
Swimming into view

United States

• Posted: 09/03/2012 19:09
  • Post subject:
This is a minor request for the collection composition. I think it would be cool to be able to see how many albums you have by every band in your collection, rather than just the top 7. Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 09/03/2012 22:09
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
no, I'll fix newly reported bugs over the next few days - you won't have to wait too long...

Sounds great! Very Happy

lightmyway wrote:
This is a minor request for the collection composition. I think it would be cool to be able to see how many albums you have by every band in your collection, rather than just the top 7. Very Happy

Yeah, actually also discovered this after I created the thread and this would indeed be very nice too, but didn't want to bother albummaster more than I already did. Smile
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 09/04/2012 11:44
  • Post subject:
You can now see how many albums you have from every band or country in your collection, rather than just the top 7 in each list.

Also, now added a breakdown by year to the album collection screens (you need to drill into a particular decade to see the breakdown by year and you can then drill into each year to see the list of albums that you have).
  • Visit poster's website
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 09/04/2012 14:57
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
You can now see how many albums you have from every band or country in your collection, rather than just the top 7 in each list.

Also, now added a breakdown by year to the album collection screens (you need to drill into a particular decade to see the breakdown by year and you can then drill into each year to see the list of albums that you have).

Many thanks, they work perfectly! I'm very surprised to see these edits being done so fast, hopefully I didn't push too much. Wink
lightmyway
Swimming into view

United States

• Posted: 09/04/2012 17:30
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:

Wow, thanks a lot!
  • Visit poster's website