Computer Technology Rants

View previous topic :: View next topic
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 05/11/2012 08:28
  • Post subject: Computer Technology Rants
Two questions: Does anyone else hate the automatic formatting feature on Microsoft Word? Brick wall

Also, I love my Ipod Touch, but are the programmers that are in charge of software updates on crack? I mean every time I update Itunes (Yes, I know it sucks), things actually get worse (sometimes significantly) rather than improve. People should boycott Apple products until they do something about their software updates. Anyone feel the same way?
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 05/11/2012 09:41
  • Post subject:
Don't get me started on iTunes! How long have we got? The last few syncs completely trashed my iPod Touch, so then I synced an iPhone and it trashed that too! It was a right pain in the backside trying to rescue both of those devices (a waste of a few hours trawling through blogs because the Apple Support website is so inadequate). I'm still on iTunes as well, albeit very reluctantly, and only because firmware updates are delivered that way.

I don't share your hate for Microsoft Word, but Internet Explorer is another story ...
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 05/11/2012 10:37
  • Post subject: Re: Computer Technology Rants
Mr. Shankly wrote:
People should boycott Apple products until they do something about their software updates. Anyone feel the same way?

I think people should boycott Apple full stop. A Company that spends all its efforts and time on aesthetics and little on hardware and software performance. I know people who've had to rebuy an iphone 5 times because the screen cracks so easily, sockets just suddenly go faulty or some other bullshit. I've dropped my phone a number of times and still no problems. I did used to have an iPhone but it somehow broke at a pool party Anxious I obviously can't blame Apple for that.

But their shallow prioritisation works. People like the look of their products(both the hardware and the software) and so Apple now has a monopoly on mp3 players, which is ridiculous since there are so many out there that look just as good and work better and best of all - they don't have to use itunes. The biggest piece of shit Apple ever shat. How that program doesn't turn people off of Apple products for good, I don't know. Anyway...BOYCOTT APPLE!
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 05/11/2012 13:57
  • Post subject:
I'm not up on a lot of technology. I have an iPhone, and have never had a problem. I'be been on the same iPod for almost 7 years, no problem. And I've never had an issue with iTunes, other than it looks like crap.

What other good options are out there for large volume music storage than iTunes? I ask because I'm about to do an overhaul of my collectiojn, and want it stores securely and accesibly.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 05/11/2012 16:41
  • Post subject:
I'm an Apple fanboy Very Happy Wink

I remember when I got my first Mac, when I was two years old Cool
  • Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 05/11/2012 23:32
  • Post subject:
Ubuntu, Rhythm Box and Firefox. All you need Smile

You will probably still have problems however it gives you all the tools you need to fix them.

If you can be bothered you could use Rhythm box with your I-Pod as well.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/12/2012 01:44
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:

I don't share your hate for Microsoft Word, but Internet Explorer is another story ...

Internet Explorer just sucks. It's so bulky and bad looking, slow, and just overall usless Rolling Eyes Firefox and Chrome are much better (I like both of them, but I use Firefox).

iTunes also sucks ass. But I use it for some reason Embarassed
purple

• Posted: 05/12/2012 02:07
  • Post subject:
Le_Samurai

• Posted: 05/12/2012 03:31
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 05/12/2012 07:21
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Internet Explorer just sucks. It's so bulky and bad looking, slow, and just overall usless Rolling Eyes Firefox and Chrome are much better (I like both of them, but I use Firefox).

The only time I use IE is for testing this website. You can bet, if something doesn't work here, it's usually in IE. I wish Microsoft would use WebKit or something instead rather than re-invent their own (cruddy) rendering engine (what's the point?). Before, I used to use Firefox the most, but I find myself using Chrome more and more these days. It's definitely the fastest.

As for Windows, it just sucks. So does OS X. I use all of them regularly, and much prefer Linux (I use CentOS).
  • Visit poster's website