Space Age Soul compilation (free d/l)

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Posted: 05/15/2012 23:27
  • Post subject: Space Age Soul compilation (free d/l)
https://www.google.com/search?q=steady-...e-age-soul

From one of my favourite blogs, they'll explain it better than I can. But it's dope.

Quote:
My concept for this compilation was very loose – modern music bearing influences of classic soul, funk or jazz; combined with tangible or intangible touches space-age futurism. The only significant restrictive caveats were ‘no rap’ and ‘nothing made more than 10 years ago’. Which gave me a wide range to play with, and so I ended up with a rather varied assortment spread from psychedelic soul to minimalist dub experiments to jazz space operas to bouncy midtempo synth-funk. I did my best to mold it all into some sort of cohesion, and it worked. Kinda.

Some of these songs have been posted here before. Most are fairly obscure, which was a purposeful choice; a few more known exceptions were too good to pass up. Enjoy.
Kiki
  • Posted: 05/15/2012 23:55
  • Post subject:
Is the download legal? I can't tell from the webpage.

If it isn't, it will have to be removed as if it stays albummaster will be the one in trouble for it and he has put a lot of work into the website to jeopardize it.

You could still share it with users but if it is illegal then I'm afraid the link is a no no.

If it isn't, no problem. Smile I just have to make sure.
Polythene Pam
  • Posted: 05/16/2012 00:14
  • Post subject:
It's legit
  • Posted: 05/16/2012 01:03
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
Is the download legal? I can't tell from the webpage.

If it isn't, it will have to be removed as if it stays albummaster will be the one in trouble for it and he has put a lot of work into the website to jeopardize it.

You could still share it with users but if it is illegal then I'm afraid the link is a no no.

If it isn't, no problem. Smile I just have to make sure.

I've genuinely no idea. If you're a mod and you're unsure, feel free to take it down. Just trying to share some good music. I don't think it's illegal, and the artists are so obscure they'd probably be glad of the exposure anyway. It's not a dodgy site, and as far as I can tell has never seen any serious legal trouble over previous uploads, probably due to the obscurity of the music it shares. Don't want to jeopardise this site though, so if you're seriously concerned then delete the post (if you can) or let me know and I'll do so.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin
  • Posted: 05/16/2012 07:41
  • Post subject:
I'm a bit uneasy about hosting links to sites where there is no notice saying whether they have permission or not to host those files. As was said above, the material might be from very obscure artists/labels, but I strongly suspect that wouldn't be a valid defence in a court of law! Wink
  • Visit poster's website