Random chat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1280, 1281, 1282, 1283, 1284, 1285  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
melisandre

• Posted: 03/30/2023 09:06
  • Post subject:
For my part, I’d just like to say thankyou for my initiation into some interesting new experiences and perspectives thanks to this site.

Not sure what the correct lingo is but I guess I won’t be taking any pills at this point. Much too dark.

I’m stepping outside into the sunshine. I’m trying to fix up a date with a beautiful redhead. I am never listening to U2 ever again.

So long nerds Cool
  • Visit poster's website
MadhattanJack
I mean, metal is okay, but...

United States

• Posted: 03/30/2023 09:11
  • Post subject:
melisandre wrote:
I’m stepping outside into the sunshine. I’m trying to fix up a date with a beautiful redhead. I am never listening to U2 ever again.

So long nerds Cool

You only registered your account 20 minutes ago. I mean, sure, everyone knows beautiful redheads hate U2 (and really, who doesn't at this point?) but you should probably stick around for a few days at least to find out what they do like, right? Think
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 03/30/2023 09:48
  • Post subject:
Repo wrote:

Congrats, Patman! That's awesome!!! Party

I think it's been almost nine years for me! I was in Malaysia at a Qigong healing center. Pretty much the suburbs of Kuala Lumpar. This site gave me a much needed social outlet and something to geek out about when I wasn't practicing.

Haha, thanks, been a few months now but still getting used to the ring, time is really flying!

Glad you've gotten so much out of the site too, think it's been an excellent social outlet for so many people down the years, more than we often realise I think, and I've certainly stolen a load of recs of your charts down the years!

• Visit poster's website
melisandre

• Posted: 03/30/2023 10:02
  • Post subject:
MadhattanJack wrote:
melisandre wrote:

So long nerds Cool

You only registered your account 20 minutes ago. I mean, sure, everyone knows beautiful redheads hate U2 (and really, who doesn't at this point?) but you should probably stick around for a few days at least to find out what they do like, right? Think

Yeah, I guess I was meaning more the forums. I actually do dig your overall chart (XTC, Wire etc) so I will probably stick around for a bit to get some recs and maybe create my own chart. See how it goes.
  • Visit poster's website
melisandre

• Posted: 03/30/2023 20:19
  • Post subject:
Still feel like I’m trippin’ today

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Shocked Laughing

y’all are some crazy motherfuckers Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
MadhattanJack

United States

• Posted: 03/30/2023 20:57
  • Post subject:
As far as recs are concerned, I would start with two, maybe three things. First off, don't be fooled by bands whose names imply some "secret knowledge" of how redheads think or react. Perhaps the worst example of this is The Redhead Project, none of whose albums are listed here on BEA. (There are eight of them, I believe.) It turns out that this band isn't interested in actual redheads at all, it's actually a solo act run by some guy named "Matt Redhead"! That's his real name! I mean, how bad can it get, right? Admittedly the much better-known example is Blonde Redhead, a New York-based post-punk outfit on the 4AD label who have three members, none of whom are redheads or even blondes. However, they do have a song called "My Impure Hair" on their album 23, which might be their best album (though I personally agree with the current ranking here which has Misery is a Butterfly in the top spot). Unfortunately, the video for this song is probably the single most boring video ever made.

Link

I guess it's relaxing, especially if you like watching rainbows form, but it's not really video-jukebox material.

Second, my experience has been that attractive redheads like intelligent dance music, not the mass-produced commercial stuff. And if you find one who's into post-punk, hold on to her like grim death! Just try not to be disappointed if she likes a lot of that "scratchy," "angular" stuff from the early 80s on Rough Trade, like the Au Pairs and Delta 5. Obviously if you like that stuff too, so much the better.

Lastly, as more of a non-musical recommendation (and this probably applies to most women regardless of hair color), if you live in a small town or rural area and you're serious about the young lady in question, don't move off to the big city and tell her you're going to establish yourself with a lucrative job+nice place to live and then come back for her once you're so established. They tend to see right through that, so try to have all that stuff ready to go at the outset, and then make your move. Timing is everything!
  • Visit poster's website
melisandre

• Posted: 03/30/2023 21:03
  • Post subject:
Oh boy Applause Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
melisandre

• Posted: 03/30/2023 21:54
  • Post subject:
This is my hill and I was always prepared to die on it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 03/30/2023 23:41
  • Post subject:
The U2 connection immediately makes me think the one and only Jher Bear, though I'm intrigued by registiring as a past Game of Thrones character?

Good luck with la rousse, though
  • Visit poster's website
MadhattanJack

United States

• Posted: 03/31/2023 01:08
  • Post subject:
cestuneblague wrote:
The U2 connection immediately makes me think the one and only Jher Bear

Okay, I assume you meant to type "Her Bear," which turns out to be a series of romance novels about "shifters" who can transform themselves into bears at will and have tons of super-steamy sex, but having established that... why?

Think
  • Visit poster's website