• Post subject:
joyofdivision wrote:
I genuinely love the Kinks

Different.
joyofdivision

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 04/19/2024 00:10
  • Post subject:
Acid house, deep house, SAW conveyerbelt pop, soul, funk, nu disco, jungle, trip hop, britpop, grunge, hair metal, new romantics, post punk, post rock, shoegaze, electro, glam, ambient techno, dub reggae, dub techno, folk rock etc...
CassidyInc
  • Posted: 05/04/2024 02:44
  • Post subject:
What do people here listen to when they are freaking out about deadlines and need to calm TF down? - I'm playing Laugh Stock by Talk Talk, but I'm not sure its the vibe.
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil
  • Posted: 05/06/2024 18:54
  • Post subject:
CassidyInc wrote:
What do people here listen to when they are freaking out about deadlines and need to calm TF down? - I'm playing Laugh Stock by Talk Talk, but I'm not sure its the vibe.

selected ambient works 2
  • Posted: 07/11/2024 00:51
  • Post subject:
People who own/collect records? Do you regret it? I don't own any physical music but I'm tempted to buy a record player and a few of my fav albums. It seems addictive and expensive and like it will take up a lot of space! But also fun!
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 07/11/2024 01:11
  • Post subject:
CassidyInc wrote:
People who own/collect records? Do you regret it? I don't own any physical music but I'm tempted to buy a record player and a few of my fav albums. It seems addictive and expensive and like it will take up a lot of space! But also fun!

I had vinyl young. All got stolen. I collect CD's now, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have over 4000, and it doesn't take up my entire house. I can open the case, look at the artwork, hold it in my hands. I have everything on iTunes, but I wouldn't trade the physical collection for anything.

For me. Digital only means nothing to me. If you were really into cars...would you be happy just owning pictures and taking test drives at the dealership? Or do you want that car in your garage where you can wash it and drive it and sit in it whenever you want to?

For me. I just don't get how people can love albums and not actually own any.
Just to end the list...

United States
  • Posted: 07/11/2024 05:24
  • Post subject:
CassidyInc wrote:

Well... vinyl LP's and 12-inchers are heavy and they absolutely do take up lots of space, so you'll need heavy-duty shelving once you've got a hundred or so. (I have about 500.) They're also inconvenient to actually play, and you can't stomp on the floor while they're playing them (unless you're on a concrete floor). And they don't sound as good through headphones — speakers are usually fine, but with headphones you hear all the surface noise and it's distracting. I hate surface noise... Also, the prices for new albums these days are ridiculous, though admittedly the quality tends to be much better than it was in the late 70s and 80s.

As for the regret part, I don't think it's a question of regretting one's having bought them. The problem is, you'll sit there and think, "I should sell some of these and try to get back some of the space they take up, not to mention the money I spent on them," only that's much more difficult and involved than it might seem, and who has the time? Besides, most collectors won't touch a used album unless it's basically Mint or Near-Mint, and if you've played one more than 5-6 times, it probably won't be. So they all just sit there forever, untouched, because it's so much easier to listen to stuff on computers and smartphones.

It's not so bad if you're living in your "forever house" already, but if not, they can be like a big heavy anchor whenever you have to move.
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 07/11/2024 23:10
  • Post subject:
CassidyInc wrote:

If the record consists of something that I can't find on a tape, CD, or download, I don't regret the purchase. That is however the only reason why I have ever done any buying of records.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Check him out here when you can!