Moderation...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
bc1991

• Posted: 04/08/2009 17:07
  • Post subject:
Elston wrote:
I think you summed it up quite well bc. I don't think users should be able to personally attack others either. What I want is for users to have the freedom to express their opinions freely and I don't think that what you proposed would get in the way of that.

Yes, I think that too. Thank you Elston.
  • Visit poster's website
Richie Hunt

• Posted: 04/15/2009 12:51
  • Post subject:
Oh deary me, what has this world come to??? Im sure this aforementioned Harvos character meant no harm in what seems to be lighthearted comments (playful nicknames, maybe different sense of humor) which were never intended to hurt anyones feelings. A shame there seems to be some ganging up here - I would have thought that people were understanding that not everyone is on the same page, intellectually, maturity, age and that comments would vary on a site which is a global forum. It doesnt seem Harvos has taken any of the personal attacks on him or his chart as seriously as those members on this forum. Maybe being mature is to accept not all are as mature as oneself and therefore not prosecute (terminate member) party for being different but rather accept their existence and move on. But bc is right, in real life you'd probably eliminate them by going to war with that party and kill them.
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2009 14:20
  • Post subject:
Thanks to Harvos' doppelgänger. You have a chart almost identical to Harvos' and have knowledge of his behavior before you joined!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
Charicature

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2009 14:54
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Thanks to Harvos' doppelgänger. You have a chart almost identical to Harvos' and have knowledge of his behavior before you joined!

He wasn't trying too hard to disguise himself with that post, was he? Laughing
bc1991

• Posted: 04/15/2009 15:08
  • Post subject:
Richie Hunt wrote:
Im sure this aforementioned Harvos character meant no harm in what seems to be lighthearted comments (playful nicknames, maybe different sense of humor) which were never intended to hurt anyones feelings.

If you actually have read my comments on this thread you could see that I never asked for your banning or deletion. The only thing I asked for is the deletion of comments with any kind of insults or hatred.

If albummaster decides to ban or delete accounts because of someone's behavior, that is totally understandable. He is the one with the last word.

Richie Hunt wrote:
A shame there seems to be some ganging up here - I would have thought that people were understanding that not everyone is on the same page, intellectually, maturity, age and that comments would vary on a site which is a global forum. It doesnt seem Harvos has taken any of the personal attacks on him or his chart as seriously as those members on this forum. Maybe being mature is to accept not all are as mature as oneself and therefore not prosecute (terminate member) party for being different but rather accept their existence and move on.

You couldn't say it better, not everyone is on the same page than you, and that's why everyone should talk with a certain respect to the other person I think.

And there's no ganging here, don't assume things you don't know.

Richie Hunt wrote:
Oh deary me, what has this world come to???

Oh yeah I agree, specially when someone is only asking for a little respect.

Richie Hunt wrote:

But bc is right, in real life you'd probably eliminate them by going to war with that party and kill them.

Now this part is really f****d up, I have never said anything like this. It is not even remotely or slightly close.
  • Visit poster's website
Richie Hunt

• Posted: 04/16/2009 10:10
  • Post subject:
Quote:
Richie Hunt wrote:

But bc is right, in real life you'd probably eliminate them by going to war with that party and kill them.

BC1991 wrote:

Now this part is really f****d up, I have never said anything like this. It is not even remotely or slightly close.

Quote:
BC1991 wrote:

Life is not easy and if I don't let anyone to insult me in any single way I don't see why I should let anyone insult me in here.

I cant see how anyone can interpret this any other way than you wanting to start a war...

Quote:
BC1991 wrote:

You couldn't say it better, not everyone is on the same page than you, and that's why everyone should talk with a certain respect to the other person I think.

Respect, i dont think you earn respect by dobbing in other members for some lighthearted banter on the internet. Nor do you get respect when you whinge when a member gives you a low rating for your chart. If this is how much you can tolerate on an online forum, then in real life you must be constantly dobbing people in and whinging about everyone you meet.
  • Visit poster's website
bc1991

• Posted: 04/16/2009 15:05
  • Post subject:
Richie Hunt wrote:

Quote:
BC1991 wrote:

Life is not easy and if I don't let anyone to insult me in any single way I don't see why I should let anyone insult me in here.

I cant see how anyone can interpret this any other way than you wanting to start a war...

With this kind of responses, I just have nothing but the feeling I'm wasting my time arguing with you.

If I understand correctly, your reasoning is that:
If someone doesn't let to be insulted by others, it must be because he is on some war with a party killing all of them.

Rolling Eyes ahem, ok. I guess I have no choice now than to join the IRA or the Al-Qaeda or something similar then.

I can see now how hard is for you to understand what I'm asking for.

Richie Hunt wrote:

Respect, i dont think you earn respect by dobbing in other members for some lighthearted banter on the internet. Nor do you get respect when you whinge when a member gives you a low rating for your chart. If this is how much you can tolerate on an online forum, then in real life you must be constantly dobbing people in and whinging about everyone you meet.

You don't think I earn respect? Who do you think you are to claim something like that? What makes you think you have the rights to decide who deserves respect and who doesn't?
You, talking about tolerance when you don't have any, how ironic.

I'm just so glad that you are not the owner of this site, seriously.
  • Visit poster's website
Richie Hunt

• Posted: 04/17/2009 09:45
  • Post subject:
Quote:
BC1991 wrote:

I guess I have no choice now than to join the IRA or the Al-Qaeda or something similar then.

If thats what you are into. I'd have suggested a charity, but you seem pretty keen on this killing thing.

Here's a tip, im giving it to you for free, no strings attached. Relax, im not sure it is possible to interpret comments as literally as you if someone tried. Its not a bad thing, im just saying this is clearly where our wires are getting crossed. Im a person who is a little ambiguous, you seem to polarise yourself at the other end of the spectrum. I dont mean for you to get upset, im just saying dont take these comments so seriously, its just a bit of fun. And if its not working between us, we simply move on, just like real life - sort of like a date. You go on one date, it doesnt work out, doesnt mean we need to get bitter at the other person, you just move on.

I dont hate you, and im not one bit angry about this whole thing, im just bringing you a different point of view and I dont think Harvos' comments should be deleted nor members banned. Members just need to accept what this forum is.

Im glad we have sorted this out. No hard feelings buddy.[/quote]
  • Visit poster's website
bc1991

• Posted: 04/20/2009 18:30
  • Post subject:
Richie Hunt wrote:
Quote:
BC1991 wrote:

I guess I have no choice now than to join the IRA or the Al-Qaeda or something similar then.

If thats what you are into. I'd have suggested a charity, but you seem pretty keen on this killing thing.

Here's a tip, im giving it to you for free, no strings attached. Relax, im not sure it is possible to interpret comments as literally as you if someone tried. Its not a bad thing, im just saying this is clearly where our wires are getting crossed. Im a person who is a little ambiguous, you seem to polarise yourself at the other end of the spectrum. I dont mean for you to get upset, im just saying dont take these comments so seriously, its just a bit of fun. And if its not working between us, we simply move on, just like real life - sort of like a date. You go on one date, it doesnt work out, doesnt mean we need to get bitter at the other person, you just move on.

I dont hate you, and im not one bit angry about this whole thing, im just bringing you a different point of view and I dont think Harvos' comments should be deleted nor members banned. Members just need to accept what this forum is.

Im glad we have sorted this out. No hard feelings buddy.

Well, believe it or not, I have nothing against your person either.

As same as many members around here, english is not my first language, and adding the fact that without being able to see your face and expressions while writing, it makes really difficult to know your real meanings if your comments are "ambiguous".

You have posted several times that the comments were "lighthearted" and "playful nicknames", but do you have any idea what those initials and the year number on my handle really means? It could mean a really significant date for me, something that I am emotionally connected to, it could be either a happy or a sad moment. And by relating my handle with an offense was not lighthearted to me at all.

I disagree with you, because I do think that Harvos comments should be deleted.
You think that I'm the one who is being intolerant and because of people like me are wars; but believe me that it is the other way around (and I'm not refering to you here). Because of racism there are wars, because of homophobia there are genocides. And the only thing that will come with an insult is another insult or hate, until it gets bigger and bigger.

No hard feelings.
  • Visit poster's website
Richie Hunt

• Posted: 04/21/2009 09:52
  • Post subject:
I have no idea what your username means to you, but i am aware you probably cant see my facial expressions while im typing and id be happy to converse in your first language, but all that meaningless.

The point is the world is harsh and someone in the world referring to your username with lighthearted variations on a music website is very trivial. I am questioning why im even replying to this thread. Its because you are like my pen pal, i enjoy gettig your responses despite and somehow i cant help but smile once ive read them.

Its great that you are different to me because if you were like me i'd want to start a war against me too, just like you said. But maybe you could have chosen a username thats not sentimental to avoid these types of atrocities occuring.

Here's hoping you are the bigger man and will walk away.
  • Visit poster's website