View previous topic :: View next topic
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 07/31/2012 19:25
  • Post subject:
AgainstMeAgainstYou wrote:
To revolver94: I know, right?

OK Computer was, I believe, #8 on my list upon first listen. Second or third, it was at #6. By the seventh or so, it was at #3. Eventually, I realized the only reason it wasn't #1 was because I was so hesitant to replace All Things Must Pass, which for two and a half years was my #1. But eventually, I had to accept that All Things Must Pass, as beautiful as it is, has a number of flaws - although, mind you, I may be the only person on the entire planet who actually ENJOYS the jams that close the album, perhaps because as a musician I really see the chemistry that went into all of those - and that OK Computer was just perfection. I'm pretty much the same way about Pet Sounds, when I first heard it, it was as life-changing for me as OK Computer was.

To everyone else who has commented, by the way, thank you for welcoming me here. Feel free to check out my chart if you haven't, there may be some surprising choices there apart from the Tokio Hotel album.

I think OK Computer started at 8 on my chart, too! It moved slowly up until there was one listen I had late at night that was like a religious experience. It just felt like the greatest achievement in human history, the ultimate realization of the human condition. For a few days I was just completely devoted to the album. The only other two albums that have consumed me like that are Kid A (which actually affected my political views) and Pet Sounds.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 07/31/2012 20:11
  • Post subject:
revolver94 wrote:
I think OK Computer started at 8 on my chart, too! It moved slowly up until there was one listen I had late at night that was like a religious experience. It just felt like the greatest achievement in human history, the ultimate realization of the human condition. For a few days I was just completely devoted to the album. The only other two albums that have consumed me like that are Kid A (which actually affected my political views) and Pet Sounds.

I'm stupidly jealous that that happened to you without substances.
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 07/31/2012 20:18
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
I'm stupidly jealous that that happened to you without substances.

Don't be, that was like one of the only times I've ever had something like that haha. I plan on trying out a few... "substances" pretty soon.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 07/31/2012 20:28
  • Post subject:
AgainstMeAgainstYou, what do you think about George Harrison's "Living in the Material World"?
AgainstMeAgainstYou

Canada

• Posted: 07/31/2012 23:16
  • Post subject:
In my opinion, his second-best album. It'll most likely show up in the top 100 somewhere, I'm thinking between 80 and 90 right now.
  • Visit poster's website