Best Year In Music - Tournament: RULES & QUESTIONS

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Wombi

• Posted: 12/01/2012 02:13
  • Post subject:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
Thank you! Applause

So it helped you...for me to re-post exactly what I had already posted...interesting.
Wombi

• Posted: 12/01/2012 02:15
  • Post subject:
DLGGLD wrote:
That's a good idea.Stop people using the likes of OK Computer in every round,I support this.

Not that that is gonna happen since 97 is out Surprised

<3 you <3less
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 12/01/2012 02:19
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
So it helped you...for me to re-post exactly what I had already posted...interesting.

Yes, because some of the specifics that I wanted to know to plan my strategy were not in the last rules page you posted. Maybe they were in the one 50 posts back or at the start of the thread? I don't know. But this seems like a really a stupid thing to make an issue about. Just answer people's questions. It might seem like an unreasonable inconvenience for you, but I think we can all agree that having everybody clear on the rules is kind of essential, even if it takes a little extra work on your part to educate us "slow" people.
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 12/01/2012 07:21
  • Post subject:
Nah Jherry, it wasn't exactly a repost, and those letters "clarifying" things screwed even me up (they suggested, for example, that in Round 3 you can use only 2+2 albums/singles from previous rounds).

Fuck it, as long as it's clear now for you lucky bastards who are still in

Crying or Very sad
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 12/01/2012 23:08
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE (Bolded are parts that have changed some time in the last week)
Round 1 (Playoffs) : 40 years, 4 albums + 2 singles per team. 2 years per group qualify for the knockout round.
Round 2 (Knockout Round): 16 years, 6 albums + 4 singles per team (has to be at least 2 albums and 2 singles not used in round 1).
Round 3 (Quarter Finals): 8 years, 8 albums + 4 singles (Can not be anything you used in Round 2).
Round 4 (semi-finals): 4 years, 10 albums + 6 singles (Can not use 4 albums or any singles that you used in Round 3).
Grand Final. 2 years. All against all.

Your team is represented by 6 albums and 4 singles. 2 of those albums and 2 of those singles can not have been used in any match during round 1. and bear in mind if you make it through to the round after this one you will only be able to use 2 albums and 2 singles you used in this round.

OK this is about as clear as mud... and totally contradicts itself....

In one bit you say you can't use anything from round 2 in round 3.... and a few sentences further on, you say that you can use 2 albums and 2 singles from round 2... SO WHAT IS IT?

The understanding I think we originally had was...

Round 2
6 albums 4 singles (2 albums and 2 singles not used in round 1)

Round 3
8 albums 4 singles (only 2 albums and 2 singles from round 2 can be used)

Utterly confused so can you please CLEARLY state once and for all what the rules are and then not keep changing your frigging mind?

TA MUCHLY Very Happy
Wombi

• Posted: 12/02/2012 01:28
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE (Bolded are parts that have changed some time in the last week)
Round 1 (Playoffs) : 40 years, 4 albums + 2 singles per team. 2 years per group qualify for the knockout round.
Round 2 (Knockout Round): 16 years, 6 albums + 4 singles per team (has to be at least 2 albums and 2 singles not used in round 1).
Round 3 (Quarter Finals): 8 years, 8 albums + 5 singles (Can not be anything you used in Round 2).
Round 4 (semi-finals): 4 years, 10 albums + 6 singles (Can not use 4 albums or any singles that you used in Round 3).
Grand Final. 2 years. All against all.

So, ROUND 2 RULES

The essence of the game stays the same: 1 team comes up against another and chooses a selection to represent their year in an attempt to outdo the other team.

Big differences: From here on in it is a knockout tournament and if you lose one match - that's it you're gone (and the victor of course moves on and up).

Your team is represented by 6 albums and 4 singles. 2 of those albums and 2 of those singles can not have been used in any match during round 1. and bear in mind if you make it through to the round after this one (3) you can not use anything you will be using in this round (2).

Both teams will pm their teams to me (apart from whoever my year is versing where we'll find a third party ro post) which means whatever formatting you want done will have to be done within that message (obviously message me the post as it would be written before you hit the 'submit' button with all of its required 'code (e.g. [img][/img])) because I will be posting it exactly as you send it to me.

Previously I didn't want anyone who wasn't on a specific years team promoting the music on that team. Now everyone can be cheerleaders! Everyone can feel free to big up with videos and reviews and pics if they particularly like some of the music chosen.

The matches will be completely randomised (and randomised and randomized if a captain or/co-captain come up against themselves or 2 teams who were from the same round 1 group verse each other).

Round 2 will commence on Monday the 3rd of December.

I think...that's it. Fairly simple. All of the eligibility rules from round 1 still apply here.

I removed one sentence which did contradict everything else, so I do apologise profusely for that. If there is anything anyone still doesn't understand. Please tell me.

Last edited by Wombi on 01/07/2013 08:25; edited 1 time in total
Wombi

• Posted: 12/02/2012 13:40
  • Post subject:
Apologies for the changes over the last week. The rules are now set.

For the first four matches:

1980 Vs 1998
1966 Vs 1978
1969 Vs 1989
1994 Vs 2005

I've already received one team. Everyone else can start sending me teams as soon as they'd like. I'd just ask that you put:
Code:
[code][/code]
around what you want posted to the match page. Otherwise it's useless to me.

Cheers

Last edited by Wombi on 12/02/2012 23:50; edited 1 time in total
joyofdivision

• Posted: 12/02/2012 21:00
  • Post subject:
For everyone sending their selection to Jhereko, you need to tick the 'Disable BBCode in this message' (which is below the message) so he can copy the code properly onto the game threads
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 12/08/2012 04:37
  • Post subject:
Can a knockout round end in a tie, or does it go into sudden death mode after the week of voting is up? Basically, what if two teams are tied after the allotted time for voting?
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 12/08/2012 17:40
  • Post subject:
It absolutley can not end in a tie. If it's a tie at the time I go to close (which will be in about 12 hours for the current matches.) I'll leave a note that it is 'SUDDEN DEATH' and I will have to keep an eye on the match to make sure I catch it as soon as one team beats the other.