4%
 4%  [1]
This one time at band camp...
9%
 9%  [2]
Different, Love The Kinks, Give us 45 more, Best track: Paranoid Android
36%
 36%  [8]
College Girl and Kangaroo Boy, sitting in a tree...
22%
 22%  [5]
This poll is useless.
27%
 27%  [6]
Total Votes : 22

thejoj96

• Posted: 08/30/2012 19:04
  • Post subject: The thread title was too long.
Mediocre albums with great album titles, but horrible song titles except for track 2, 5, 7 and 9, which are great titles, and track 1 and 10, which are just okay titles.

Bridge Over Troubled Water
Electric Ladyland

Can you guys think of any? Thread idea comes from Mother Nature's Son.
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 08/30/2012 19:58
  • Post subject:
Cool thread, not so great thread title, but the greatness of the thread overshadows the non-greatness of the thread title, overall: Applause

The closest album that comes to mind is "The Velvet Underground & Nico". But track 8 is a bad title. On the other hand, track 6 is actually a great title! Confused
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 08/31/2012 02:44
  • Post subject:
I voted RF Naples style.... although I would go with Let Down or No Surprises for best track. Think
  • Visit poster's website
thejoj96

• Posted: 08/31/2012 16:20
  • Post subject:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
I voted RF Naples style.... although I would go with Let Down or No Surprises for best track. Think

I would go for track 13, the only track I like on that albuk.
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 09/01/2012 00:09
  • Post subject:
to me hunky dory seems like it has 3 distinct parts

changes-life on mars?
kooks-fill your heart
andy warhol-bewlay brothers

also the album neon bible sort of seems like that, too, although i'm not sure where i'd put the second dividing line

black mirror-intervention
?????????

ok now i think this next part is really cool, between those two albums it's like, the first four songs are like the exact same in the way they are sort of structured, right?

you've got black mirror and changes, which are both... songs. very good songs. intro songs.

then there are keep the car running and oh! you pretty things. which... wow this analogy isn't as awesome as i thought. but they totally are both great songs.

OK THIS IS WHERE IT WORKS WELL. neon bible and eight line poem. theyre the exact same sort of simple, transitional song.

they both transition into HUGE bombastic songs (intervention and life on mars?)

isn't that really similar? i think it's really similar

also college update. I drink every day and smoke some days. i need to tone it down for when we leave the syllabus phase. my teachers seem cool but tough. i met a cool girl who's in a band and i dig her. and i don't know how this entire post even happened when it's not even remotely relevant. but yeah. also im still a vegetarian, and although my habits are still not up to par with the tips I got from purple and others, I'm definitely improving how well rounded my diet is.

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
thejoj96

• Posted: 09/01/2012 00:24
  • Post subject:
revolver94 wrote:

changes-life on mars?
kooks-fill your heart

also the album neon bible sort of seems like that, too, although i'm not sure where i'd put the second dividing line

?????????

ok now i think this next part is really cool, between those two albums it's like, the first four songs are like the exact same in the way they are sort of structured, right?

you've got black mirror and changes, which are both... songs. very good songs. intro songs.

then there are keep the car running and oh! you pretty things. which... wow this analogy isn't as awesome as i thought. but they totally are both great songs.

OK THIS IS WHERE IT WORKS WELL. neon bible and eight line poem. theyre the exact same sort of simple, transitional song.

also college update. I drink every day and smoke some days. i need to tone it down for when we leave the syllabus phase. my teachers seem cool but tough. i met a cool girl who's in a band and i dig her. and i don't know how this entire post even happened when it's not even remotely relevant. but yeah. also im still a vegetarian, and although my habits are still not up to par with the tips I got from purple and others, I'm definitely improving how well rounded my diet is.

I think you just drank.
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 09/01/2012 19:39
  • Post subject:
what is this

although i basically agree w/... everything there

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 09/01/2012 19:52
  • Post subject:
Imagine if Hunky Dory was called Hunky Dunky? Now that would be strange Shocked
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 09/01/2012 19:52
  • Post subject:
revolver94 wrote:

changes-life on mars?
kooks-fill your heart

?????????

Sad to hear you think "Hunky Dory" is a mediocre album. Also sad to hear that you think "Life on Mars?" is a horrible song title. But I'm glad to hear that you have a more interesting life than I've got.. even though it makes me even sadder! Crying or Very sad
Saoirse

• Posted: 09/01/2012 19:54
  • Post subject:
revolver94 wrote:

changes-life on mars?
kooks-fill your heart

?????????

Make sure when they hand you those brown leaves that you chew each one for about a minute straight before swallowing