The Revered Musical Decade of the 2010s

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 09/27/2012 22:04
  • Post subject: The Revered Musical Decade of the 2010s
No huge wall of text on this one. I have heard a number of users say they feel this decade is a great time for music and not only is the best yet to come but it will bloody well be here before the next 10 years are up. Let's hear all the reasons.

Being a musician who wants to leave a lasting mark on music this is the sort of thing I love to hear. It is the complete opposite of being told The Beatles and Bob Dylan did their thing and you missed the party.

I'll ask views, post ideas and talk as we go along. Want to hear what other people think first. Smile
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 09/28/2012 03:54
  • Post subject:
I feel the internet is having a really strong effect on music. It is SO much easier to listen to new music now, and for musicians, that means new influences. Whereas before you learned about music through radio/friends/etc. you can now go to the web and find (and download) hundreds of albums, from every single genre that exists. It's easier now than ever to find and listen to not-so-well-known acts.

I think we started seeing this internet effect on the 00's, as musicians got influenced by a lot more music than before. I've got about a thousand albums, and all that music definitely has influenced me as a musician. I probably wouldn't have heard a tenth of those if not for the internet. For example, how was I, living in Peru, supposed to learn about Okta Logue, a small band from Frankfurt, without the internet?
  • Visit poster's website