Terminator salvation

View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 05/24/2009 04:30
  • Post subject: Terminator salvation
WARNING; SPOILER.

I dont know if anyone will really care to read this. but has any of you seen it yet? I wanted to like, love, be impressed by it (i only saw the first one so far). But i found it a bit political (understatement), and was often confused by who was who. especially when they didnt identify the characters yet. and the fact that the 2 main actors look very similar. not too mention they practically made the "sean connor" character somewhat of a President Obama AND darth vader character. Besides that it was pretty ok.
I dont know, did you like it?
  • Visit poster's website
theharrisonfords

• Posted: 07/12/2009 23:27
  • Post subject:
SPOILER WARNING:
The two things that bother me most about sci/fi & adventure films today is one, the screenplay/story and the stunts. I get increasingly disappointed from action in movies because there is so much cgi that it I can't suspend myself from disbelief. In this new Terminator film, there were stunts and sequences so ridiculous at times I could do nothing but laugh. John getting thrown into a steel column and just grunting, cybernetic motorcycles crashing into and destroying hunter killers because it got caught in tow cables and propelled into the air via a bump in the road. Things so stupidly constructed I was flabbergasted at the fact that this was to be a "serious" character developing movie. I couldn't accept the Marcus character too much, because his detachment from even himself was too much. The love interest with the machine was sloppily done, and development of the 'human terminator' was developed on only the most surfaced of levels. I won't get too much into the other stuff, but having a 'token' child saving the day because she was a klepto just bothers me. Excuse my spoilers to the movie, and how excessively ranting it is, but I hate movies today, there's nothing of quality to them, because now things like substance can be excused for quick cutting, shaky cameras, and a shit-ton of computer animation.
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 07/13/2009 00:31
  • Post subject:
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) has been getting generally negative critic reviews yet already ranks as the 16th All-Time USA Box Office hit. Terminator Salvation (2009) has generally mixed reviews and ranks 286th All-Time. I disagree with your general opinion of today’s movies. Try:

Frozen River (2008)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
Iron Man (2008)
Mamma Mia! (2008)
Milk (2008)
Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
The Dark Knight (2008)
The Wrestler (2008)
Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
WALL•E (2008)
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
maxxy

United States

• Posted: 07/13/2009 02:14
  • Post subject:
Star Trek was very good, Transformers was mediocre, and I haven't seen Terminator.

RFNaples had good modern picks, except I thought Vicky Christy Barcelona was terrible. Frost-Nixon is another to add to that list, as is Gran Torino.