Favourite era of music

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
joannajewsom

• Posted: 09/24/2009 01:44
  • Post subject:
Perused your list. Not interested. This isn't West Side Story. If you want to claim some turf that exists only in your head, have a blast. I find it only fair to warn you that I will be completely ignoring you from this point on, so don't bother addressing me in the future.
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/24/2009 01:54
  • Post subject:
Shocked Nana na nana Razz

She usually doesn't mean it Sad
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
brohio

• Posted: 09/24/2009 15:29
  • Post subject:
joannajewsom wrote:
Perused your list. Not interested. This isn't West Side Story. If you want to claim some turf that exists only in your head, have a blast. I find it only fair to warn you that I will be completely ignoring you from this point on, so don't bother addressing me in the future.

I hope that's a promise Miss-guided, and BTW I absolutely LOVE West Side Story. The movie soundtrack not the play's. The greatest musical of all time bar none and an amazing collection of extremely well written songs. Thanks for the reminder. Now go bury your head in a bowl of borscht and listen to that Polish chick sings songs that we used to harrass General Noriega while in confinement. YIKES!
  • Visit poster's website
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 09/24/2009 16:04
  • Post subject:
Don't let that Jew infect you with her Poison brohio, she is a weary soul trying to infect others with her debilitating nihilism, spreading her Jewish narcotic through subtle injections, spreading the disease in the most subterranean of methods: carrying on tradition, as they say, the tradition of the vengeful impotent priest. Countless victims have been lulled by the spell, millions have stopped living in order to 'sacrifice' themselves, many wounds have closed without the poison being first sucked out; However, it seems you have developed a tolerance to their powers of resentiment. In any case, welcome in the fight against Jewish tyranny. We're going to need all the help we can get.
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/24/2009 16:25
  • Post subject:
Shocked Stop picking on the JAP Wink
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
brohio

• Posted: 09/24/2009 22:18
  • Post subject:
Elston wrote:
Don't let that Jew infect you with her Poison brohio, she is a weary soul trying to infect others with her debilitating nihilism, spreading her Jewish narcotic through subtle injections, spreading the disease in the most subterranean of methods: carrying on tradition, as they say, the tradition of the vengeful impotent priest. Countless victims have been lulled by the spell, millions have stopped living in order to 'sacrifice' themselves, many wounds have closed without the poison being first sucked out; However, it seems you have developed a tolerance to their powers of resentiment. In any case, welcome in the fight against Jewish tyranny. We're going to need all the help we can get.

Mazel tov!
  • Visit poster's website
joannajewsom

• Posted: 09/24/2009 23:47
  • Post subject:
Elston wrote:

Elston, why don't you get a rabbi and convert already?
  • Visit poster's website
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 09/25/2009 00:50
  • Post subject:
Elston wrote:

I'm guessing this is tongue in cheek? I hope it is anyway. Shocked
  • Visit poster's website
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 09/25/2009 01:03
  • Post subject:
[quote="brohio"][quote="joannajewsom"][quote="brohio"]
joannajewsom wrote:
you'll miss some gems on my list.

Dude, you've got the Steve Miller Band on your list!

People tend to take recommendations from people who are into similar types of music. People who are knowledgeable about musical history like many on this site are good sources for recommendations especially when they are able to see what you like and make recommendations from there. Note: (Making recommendations to someone that doesn't take into account his/her musical taste is a waste of time) Looking at your list, I can tell you're knowledgeable (mostly about stuff from your era), but I can also tell we're into different types of music. You clearly like a lot of prog/art rock and jam band type of stuff, which is fine, but it's not really my cup of tea. I do like some of the stuff on your list though.
  • Visit poster's website
brohio

• Posted: 09/25/2009 03:13
  • Post subject:
[quote="Mr. Shankly"][quote="brohio"][quote="joannajewsom"]
brohio wrote:
joannajewsom wrote:
you'll miss some gems on my list.

Dude, you've got the Steve Miller Band on your list!

People tend to take recommendations from people who are into similar types of music. People who are knowledgeable about musical history like many on this site are good sources for recommendations especially when they are able to see what you like and make recommendations from there. Note: (Making recommendations to someone that doesn't take into account his/her musical taste is a waste of time) Looking at your list, I can tell you're knowledgeable (mostly about stuff from your era), but I can also tell we're into different types of music. You clearly like a lot of prog/art rock and jam band type of stuff, which is fine, but it's not really my cup of tea. I do like some of the stuff on your list though.

I hope you're excited about my Steve Miller entry. Sailor is great. It stands on it's own. And you're exactly right. Tastes are different. And while I can possibly put a Beethoven, Holst or Sibelius on my list, I'm a rocker. Since the first album my parents ever bought for me, Meet the Beatles. I'm very picky about what I listen to. Words do very little for me so the music better be good. Not too hard not too soft. Good songwriting above all. That's it in a nutshell for me, good songwriting. So, my list IS from my era but I'm still living it. I buy stuff I'm sure most have never heard of and maybe someday they'll be on my list. Until then I stand behind my distillation of the past 50 years in music. I have a few more to get my top 50 together anyhow. I have a few real good ones I'm holding back for some asinine reason. So far I have a couple in the prog/art rock category and no jam band stuff that I'm aware of so I'm not sure what's NOT your cup of tea. Think
  • Visit poster's website