Collection Points

View previous topic :: View next topic
Goodsir

• Posted: 11/24/2013 01:54
  • Post subject: Collection Points
I was thinking that your collection should maybe reflect how many points you have. One point per album would be best. For example, I own 267 albums as of now, so I would have 267 points added to my account. Let me know what you guys think.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 11/24/2013 01:59
  • Post subject: Re: Collection Points
genesisfoxtrot21 wrote:
I was thinking that your collection should maybe reflect how many points you have. One point per album would be best. For example, I own 267 albums as of now, so I would have 267 points added to my account. Let me know what you guys think.

I think this would be cool if there was some way of proving it. Otherwise you could get some brand new user on here who lies about listening to a ton of albums, and suddenly they could be level 5 without even having made a chart yet...

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Goodsir

• Posted: 11/24/2013 02:20
  • Post subject: Re: Collection Points
benpaco wrote:
I think this would be cool if there was some way of proving it. Otherwise you could get some brand new user on here who lies about listening to a ton of albums, and suddenly they could be level 5 without even having made a chart yet...

You've got a point there. There must be some way to prove it, but I don't know at present.
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 11/24/2013 08:36
  • Post subject:
Even if one could prove it, I wouldn't see the point. Rewarding the people with the biggest collection? How could this be a relevant basis for a reward? What exactly is rewarded, as far as the site is concerned?
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 11/24/2013 11:39
  • Post subject:
Norman Bates wrote:
Even if one could prove it, I wouldn't see the point. Rewarding the people with the biggest collection? How could this be a relevant basis for a reward? What exactly is rewarded, as far as the site is concerned?

I'm with this, there's no real need for changes to the points system.

• Visit poster's website
Goodsir

• Posted: 11/24/2013 15:41
  • Post subject:
Patman360 wrote:
I'm with this, there's no real need for changes to the points system.

I don't know, I feel like it's a decent idea. Rewarding those with the most musical experience as far as albums go seems like something that this site should do.

• Posted: 11/24/2013 16:19
  • Post subject:
genesisfoxtrot21 wrote:
I don't know, I feel like it's a decent idea. Rewarding those with the most musical experience as far as albums go seems like something that this site should do.

Well then it should be based on your listened thingy not your collection (that just indicates who has the most money or who is the oldest lol). Either way, I don't see the point. Haha, no pun intended. XD
Goodsir

• Posted: 11/24/2013 16:28
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
Well then it should be based on your listened thingy not your collection (that just indicates who has the most money or who is the oldest lol). Either way, I don't see the point. Haha, no pun intended. XD

Laughing I have a soft spot for puns. Also, I prefer to keep my "listened thingy" private because I can't quite remember every single album that I've listened to. I guess this was a shitty idea after all.