How Do You Think the New Star Wars Movies Will Turn Out?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Do you think Disney will make good Star Wars movies?
Disney and Star Wars are like PB7J!
23%
 23%  [4]
Who knows?
64%
 64%  [11]
Disney's gonna ruin the franchise for good!
11%
 11%  [2]
Total Votes : 17

ButterThumbz
I always used to wonder if she wore false ears

United Kingdom

• Posted: 02/04/2013 15:30
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
What's really to "get right"? I mean, for starters, Star Wars is a series that really only has two worthwhile movies. A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are the only films in the series that have merit as Return Of The Jedi was a massive fucking cop-out and the prequels were a logic-defying mess of poor writing decisions, bizarre aesthetics clashes, and characters devoid of character.

And the expanded universe, with the possible exception of the Knights Of The Old Republics video games, is a massive, stupid mess of dumb cliches and plot holes that rivals even DC and Marvel when it comes to needlessly dense, unnecessary bullshit and fanservice.

The only good thing Disney could do with the series at this point is gut the whole fucking fish and reassemble the entrails. Just release the original trilogy in its original unedited form as the fans have been asking for for years and let JJ Abrams make a mindless action movie out of Star Wars VII like he did with Star Trek. Whether or not it "respects the originals" is entirely fucking irrelevant, because Lucas already shat all over the originals a long time ago. In a galaxy far, far away. Cue rimshot.

What she said! Surely even a mindless action movie has to be better than having Lucas crimp off another turd into my popcorn bucket!
  • Visit poster's website
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 02/04/2013 16:32
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:

3. Final Fantasy VI

Jack is the coolest cat in the universe.
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 02/04/2013 16:45
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
I was about to buy that a few years back, but decided to get Knights of the old republic, now my favorite RPG of all time.

Great game. I still haven't beat it because I got a new Mario game for Wii U, SMBU. Best Mario game I've ever played!
JMan

• Posted: 02/04/2013 16:48
  • Post subject: Re: How Do You Think the New Star Wars Movies Will Turn Out?
JMan wrote:

Seriously, doesn't it? Or does she havw to wait until she's finally in a Disney movie?

If she is indeed a Disney Princess, then she will be the very first live-action one.
ButterThumbz
I always used to wonder if she wore false ears

United Kingdom

• Posted: 02/04/2013 17:07
JMan wrote:
Seriously, doesn't it? Or does she havw to wait until she's finally in a Disney movie?

If she is indeed a Disney Princess, then she will be the very first live-action one.

I guess you never saw Enchanted.
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 02/04/2013 17:22
ButterThumbz wrote:
I guess you never saw Enchanted.

I didn't see her in the list of Disney princesses. So I forgot about that princess.

• Posted: 02/04/2013 17:44
  • Post subject:
I'd say, the sequel films will be better than Episode III but worse than Return of the Jedi. Mildly entertaining, holds one's attention enough to not get up and leave the theatre, but is it worth seeing again? Is it worth keeping like the first two films?

I've played KOTOR I and II. I think I'm in the minority when I say that I enjoyed II more than I, even though it was a rushed and unfinished game. It had more interesting and memorable characters for me, especially the character Kreia, who brought a third point of view to the whole force thing other than the generic one-dimensional "good" light side and "bad" dark side. Really, the whole light-dark thing keeps things simple and childish in a way that feels very Disney, so… yeah. KOTOR II is the least disney of everything Star Wars that I've played or watched, so maybe that's what I like about it.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 02/04/2013 17:58
  • Post subject:
The Poe wrote:

I've played KOTOR I and II. I think I'm in the minority when I say that I enjoyed II more than I, even though it was a rushed and unfinished game. It had more interesting and memorable characters for me, especially the character Kreia, who brought a third point of view to the whole force thing other than the generic one-dimensional "good" light side and "bad" dark side. Really, the whole light-dark thing keeps things simple and childish in a way that feels very Disney, so… yeah. KOTOR II is the least disney of everything Star Wars that I've played or watched, so maybe that's what I like about it.

You're not alone! KOTOR II is one of my favorite games ever. That game captivated me like only a few other games have been able to.
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 02/04/2013 18:07
  • Post subject:
considering how great some of the stuff disney's been releasing is, I expect good things.
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 02/04/2013 19:36
  • Post subject:
itsit wrote:
considering how great some of the stuff disney's been releasing is, I expect good things.

Maybe. I did vote "who knows", so I don't think it's the worst idea. But they must NOT screw it up!