Plastic Lunchtime Flow - The Rules and Road Map

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 03/02/2013 02:12
  • Post subject: Plastic Lunchtime Flow - The Rules and Road Map
Plastic Lunchtime Flow is born! Very Happy An idea I have had for a while now has a name, lovely members and plenty plenty of great bios! Thank you to all the people who have taken part so far! While it is said by many people, this could geniuely have not been done without you. If it wasn't for you, the thread would have zero replies and I wouldn't be busying myself on it. Again, Thank you! Smile

First obsticle has been passed, now it is time to sink or swim. If we can get the ball rolling and not abandon the topic after a few months, more users maybe attraced to contributing. Also, as wonderful as the bios are, the first months are going to be like pilot episode in terms of characterization. While remaining faithful to the bios, everything will become more focused as time goes on. As a result some characters are going to become favorited over others as people like writing about them. Only through progress will we see these results.

Anyway, lets get down to the rules:

Rules

- 1 Post = 1 Month - First person titles their post January 2013 and writes what happened. Second titles their post February 2013 and writes what happened. Carry on with March 2013, April 2013 etc etc.
- No Double Posts - Let someone else do the next month and you can do the one after.
- 1 Paragraph Minimum - Because I know we can easily manage more than a paragraph each turn.
- 3rd Person Narrative Only - Always use 3rd person narrative.
- Use Wiki Format - I'll explain it after the rules.
- No Deaths In First Two Years - It wouldn't be good if we killed someone right away now would it?
- Behave Appropriately - Basically don't belittle people, break BEA's site rules and ruin the fun for others.
- Have Fun! - Bold words are telling you to have fun! That is what you must do!

Wiki Format

It's a phase I have made up, apologies for the confusion. I think I can explain what I am talking about though with examples. There might be a proper name for this so please enlighten me if there is. Here is the format we are looking for:

During the recording of 'Badbadbus Rollroll' Eric and Lukas were in disagreement with future tour arrangments. Eric had an idea for an island hopping tour of the Pacific while Lukas wanted to debut the new album in Russia. Tensions reached breaking point after Eric took the last Chocolate Eclair from the fridge. Lukas derided Eric as "a selfish oaf, who only cares for himself" and smashed Eric's keyboard. The two were seperated by Kryb but the damage had already been done.

What is also okay (unless we decide to keep it completely formal) is adding a little colour and spice to the above. Like so:

During the recording of 'Badbadbus Rollroll' Eric and Lukas were in disagreement with future tour arrangments. Eric had an idea for an island hopping tour of the Pacific while Lukas wanted to debut the new album in Russia (if only to spite him). Tensions reached breaking point after Eric took the liberty of taking the last Chocolate Eclair from the fridge. In utter disbelief, Lukas watched as the last Eclair, from the box he had paid for and yet had a single one, the box that kind old cat lady had given him downstairs, was eaten. On the third bite he snapped. He derided Eric as "a selfish oaf, who only cares for himself" and attempted to break Eric's keyboard yet barely managed to get one key off. Eric lunged at Lukas who was like a rabbit in the headlights. Luckily, Kryb was there to save him but the damage had already been done.

Okay, both the examples are poor writing and story but I hope I have highlighted what I am after. 3rd person wiki article with a little liberties taken where necessary.

The following is not what I am looking for:

The rain was beating outside. It had been raining since the morning and it showed no sign off stopping. The sounds of the cars were hidden beneath the warm tones of a female soul singer in the other room.
Lukas glanced over the clock. Only 10 past 4. He sighed and wiped his brow. His back ached and he arched forward to get a better look at the settings in front of him.
Seemed like a different language today.
He dragged himself away........... .. .... ..... ..........

I could go on and on. It would take forever writing like that and it wasn't what I set out for. So no writing like novels or story books.

Road Map

This will change as things go along and is not strictly a rule. This is to give it direction and give us something to aim for. Think of them like goals. While not based in reality, we can't have an album or a world tour in the first month. If you have any suggestions, I'll make changes:

- First album will October 2013 - February 2014
- Second album will be 2014
- First album won't make the Billboard top 20.
- A huge tour outside of America isn't possible with the bands finances in 2013

I'll add more later. Getting really tired right now.
sheep21

Australia

• Posted: 03/02/2013 02:18
  • Post subject:
This sounds really good. Can't wait to get started.
sheep21

Australia

• Posted: 03/02/2013 02:19
  • Post subject:
Borrowed from an_outlaw here are the band members

Formed: Chicago 2012

Band Members:

Eric Paldermoss - Vocals/ Keyboard
Songwriting: Yes

Suzaku Karnaukhov - Slingshot and a gong
Songwriting: No

Lukas Vetovski - Sound recorder/editor, percussion
Songwriting: Yes, more music

Kryb - Bass

Emil Vanderson - Electric cello

Christmas Davis - Guitar

Steven Wolffy Wolf-Trumpet
Songwriting: Just lyrics
Shirts are overrated for Wolffy Wolf

If anyone has any objections, please say so.

Last edited by sheep21 on 03/03/2013 03:06; edited 5 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 03/02/2013 02:30
  • Post subject:
bluesrockdude21 wrote:
This sounds really good. Can't wait to get started.

It's morning for you, it's extrmeley late over here though. Sad It's going to have to wait until I get back home tomorrow (1pm GMT) Please post suggestions and ideas regarding road map, rules and the band itself in the mean time. Be paitant with me and unless there is a unforseen internet failer it will be all systems go.

Almost all prepartion is done now. Any last bits of advice would be great.
sheep21

Australia

• Posted: 03/02/2013 02:36
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
It's morning for you, it's extrmeley late over here though. Sad It's going to have to wait until I get back home tomorrow (1pm GMT) Please post suggestions and ideas regarding road map, rules and the band itself in the mean time. Be paitant with me and unless there is a unforseen internet failer it will be all systems go.

Almost all prepartion is done now. Any last bits of advice would be great.

Go to sleep. You've done more than enough today.
Happymeal

• Posted: 03/02/2013 04:12
  • Post subject:
bluesrockdude21 wrote:

What about ze Wolfy Wolf?
sheep21

Australia

• Posted: 03/02/2013 05:15
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
What about ze Wolfy Wolf?

Good point. I'll get onto that.
undefined

• Posted: 03/02/2013 07:07
  • Post subject:
bluesrockdude21 wrote:

...no one's gonna mention the fact that James Holmes is in our band? ...we're all cool with this? well I guess if no one else objects... yeah why not
undefined

• Posted: 03/02/2013 07:09
  • Post subject:
also is it just me or does wolffy wolf look like zacharay quinto?
Happymeal

• Posted: 03/02/2013 07:22
  • Post subject:
Actually The Wolfy Wolf is 23 lol.