For those who are unsatisfied with a song they have wrote...

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki
  • Posted: 02/16/2013 22:51
  • Post subject: For those who are unsatisfied with a song they have wrote...
... remember to be easy on yourself. Give yourself time and look at things from different angles. While the song you have wrote might seem unsatisfactory at first, if you persevere with it and put in the hard work you may have something great to show for it in the end.

For example:

Listen to this song...

Link

...Now listen to this one...

Link

The change in the song is incredible! Like a derelict house falling apart at its foundations renovated into a flashy modern apartment! Just think of what you can achive if you persevere!

Only you can make those demos into amazing songs! Why don't you give it a go again today?

Very Happy

This was a public service announcement brought to you by an_outlaw.
sheep21

Australia
  • Posted: 02/16/2013 23:07
  • Post subject:
Great example.
JMan
  • Posted: 02/17/2013 17:57
  • Post subject: Re: For those who are unsatisfied with a song they have wrot
an_outlaw wrote:
... remember to be easy on yourself. Give yourself time and look at things from different angles. While the song you have wrote might seem unsatisfactory at first, if you persevere with it and put in the hard work you may have something great to show for it in the end.

Exactly. A song sucks unless you work on it long enough. I've written a few songs which I have titled, "Optimistic", "It's a Party Tonight", and Back Up the Drain". Optimistic was first written when I was thirteen, and when I look back at it, it was the worst song I had ever seen the lyrics too. Back Up the Drain was no big thing, either. But after four drafts, the fifth and final was great! I won't post the lyrics here, though. It would take too much time.

Anyway, I know I can write, but I can't just use the first draft. Every song I write on the first draft, whether it has good parts or not, still has a few sucky parts. But I'll keep working on them.
  • Posted: 02/17/2013 17:59
  • Post subject:
Today I wrote a song about how unsatisfied I was with the song I was writing. It's not very good, or half as clever as it sounds. But I wrote it anyway.
JMan
  • Posted: 02/18/2013 18:32
  • Post subject:
For those who are unsatisfied with a song they have wrote, WE SALUTE YOU! Mr. Green