Let Us Hear Your Band

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
nutso42

• Posted: 02/12/2013 16:23
  • Post subject: Let Us Hear Your Band
Reading through some of these threads, I'm struck by how many BEA users seem to be in bands, many of which sound really cool.

So I thought, what we oughta have is a thread where we can share our music with each other.

Anybody got youtube videos or bandcamp pages or whatnot?
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 02/12/2013 16:52
  • Post subject:
You guys probably all know by now but hey:

http://therunways.bandcamp.com/

I'd like to start making my own solo stuff soon though. Just need to get the sound right.

• Posted: 02/12/2013 17:00
  • Post subject:
You can find my various experiments over here and over there.
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 02/12/2013 18:29
  • Post subject:

Link

This is me last year with an old band (the new band is much better). This video was found by someone on BEA...I had no idead it existed until a couple of months ago.

My album is here:

http://www.cdbaby.com/dinoromanelli
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Shadow23

Denmark

• Posted: 02/12/2013 20:15
  • Post subject:
Created a band only a few weeks ago. I'm the songwriter and composer, I do the arrangements and play a bit of piano. We're a trio - me, a singer and a bassist. I (though I hate the idea) generate the rest of the instruments on my computer (I strongly prefer real instruments, but the band is not that serious, it's mostly for fun).

Anyway, we've just started playing and our first couple of songs are written and we've begun recording. Our first songs are called "For Death", "Stay", "Crazy Rebel" and the latest one is still in progress but will be called either "The Dream", "Igniting", "Once" or "Behind The Mask".
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 02/12/2013 20:15
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:

Link

This is me last year with an old band (the new band is much better). This video was found by someone on BEA...I had no idead it existed until a couple of months ago.

My album is here:

http://www.cdbaby.com/dinoromanelli

Brilliant sound - this must have been recorded for television or an internet show.
They just uploaded it without your permission? Razz
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 02/12/2013 20:20
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:

Link

Woah this is fantastic!
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 02/12/2013 20:43
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:
Brilliant sound - this must have been recorded for television or an internet show.
They just uploaded it without your permission? Razz

We had an entire show recorded for the purpose of putting together a great promo video, and to have songs to share with our fans from time to time. The guy who shot this is not cheap, and in fact he does have a local TV show here.

Anyway, we play this show, have all of this video shot (2 full sets worth), and then, before the band has even paid for it, the drummer (who is not the smartest guy in the world) decides that his disagreement with the way I put together the setlists is way beyond sitting down and talking to me about. So, he lobbies half the band together and fires me. (The guitarist on the right with the cool red guitar walked at that moment). So, the bill comes for the video shoot, and the rest of them are forced to pay for product that does them absolutely no good because it features me as front man, and I have already told them that they are not allowed to use my voice or likeness in any way (heh).

There was one original song shot that night. The drummer decides that the only way he can get his money's worth out of this is to get me to okay this song to be used for the TV show and give the band a little promo. He sells it to me as a great opportunity for all of us. So, I call the guy with the video and tell him that he can use this for his TV show...as long as he only credits me and not the band in any way. He tells me that he doesn't want to get in the middle of this, and that's the last I heard about it.

Months go by, and out of the blue, someone posts this video on BEA (I'm not sure who it was). Turns out, the guy with the TV show says, screw it, they paid me for it, I'll use it. He credited me alone and it aired back in October.

Free video. Heh....
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
WrathchildIX

Russia

• Posted: 02/12/2013 20:50
  • Post subject:
IF MY WIFE WILL BE SING I LET YOU KNOW Very Happy

• Visit poster's website
Happymeal

• Posted: 02/12/2013 21:15
  • Post subject:

Link

This was once my band last year, before they recorded this song though, they made me leave the band and instead got a different guitarist. they also made the bassist leave (the one who's a jerk). I had no part in making or writing the song (if I did, then I wouldn't have made the quality this low)

Anyways, this is what they recorded, it's something we laugh at from time to time because of how mediocre (or worse) it is. I reformed with the guy on the right (he's the drummer) along with another good friend of mine, our music will be made soon, but I thought I'd give you a run down of my history.

I'm working on a few instrumental myself, reason being is that mainly I don't have good singing talent. Also, at the end of the school year, I'm gonna just share a collection of songs and orchestrations I made in one of my music classes. I tried to do some interesting stuff on those so why not share it when I get the chance.