The Last of Us

View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 06/21/2013 08:46
  • Post subject: The Last of Us
Has anyone played this new game? It's fucking amazing. You guys may not be seeing much of me until I beat it Laughing
SamuelPear

France

• Posted: 06/21/2013 14:59
  • Post subject:
3 freakin' days I'm on it ! It's so great I can't stop playing it ! It has this great Walking Dead vibe (big fan of the show) !!!!! This game is perfect, story : as good as a TV Series (like The Walking Dead) and the gameplay is amazing. My favorite thing is the bow killing, smooth and classy (Daryl vibe obviously).

Man this is a great game ! Not a single part you get tired of, I haven't finished the game but I hope I'm not near the end, don't want this to end.

Norman Bates wrote:
SamuelPear a le swag
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 06/22/2013 00:14
  • Post subject:
SamuelPear wrote:
3 freakin' days I'm on it ! It's so great I can't stop playing it ! It has this great Walking Dead vibe (big fan of the show) !!!!! This game is perfect, story : as good as a TV Series (like The Walking Dead) and the gameplay is amazing. My favorite thing is the bow killing, smooth and classy (Daryl vibe obviously).

Man this is a great game ! Not a single part you get tired of, I haven't finished the game but I hope I'm not near the end, don't want this to end.

Yeah, I sat down and played it for 4 solid hours last night, and I was starting to worry that I was going through it too quickly. And then I saved it and saw that I was only 28% through the game. Looks like there are going to be a lot more hours wasted in swedenman's life Laughing
Kiki

• Posted: 06/22/2013 00:21
  • Post subject:
In your own words, what happens?

• Posted: 06/22/2013 00:26
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
In your own words, what happens?

Like, the plot?
Kiki

• Posted: 06/22/2013 00:28
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
Like, the plot?

Yeah, what do you do?

• Posted: 06/22/2013 00:56
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
Yeah, what do you do?

Oh, okay. Well, basically it's set in a post-apocalyptic world where the majority of the human race has been infected with a disease that turns them into mindless killing machines and what remains of society has been placed under martial law. You play as this guy Joel who has survived in this world for 20 years, performing various odd jobs for crime leaders with his partner-in-crime Tess. Then the leader (I think she's the leader; I may have missed that plot point) of this rebel faction called The Fireflies assigns you this job to smuggle this 14-year-old girl outside of the city. And then shenanigans ensue.

As far as gameplay goes, it's a third-person shooter RPG type, though certainly not a typical one. I've been really impressed by the realism. For example, at any point you can have your weapon out, pull out a glass or bottle to throw at/distract your enemies, pull out a med kit to heal yourself, etc. You can also assemble some of your own weapons and med kits yourself from supplies you find scattered about. Using the environment to guard yourself during firefights is also a big part of the gameplay, and the more you play the better you get at using the terrain and whatnot. Basically, you have the ability to perform just about any physical action you could perform if you were the guy in real life, which I think is really cool.

Oh, and you get to punch people, too. That's a big plus in my book.
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 07/10/2013 09:47
  • Post subject:
It's one of the few games to incite an emotional attachment and reaction in me. It's a very good game.
  • Visit poster's website