• Posted: 02/07/2011 22:08
  • Post subject:
thomas697 wrote:
GARY wrote:
Johnny Flynn wrote:
GARY wrote:
thomas697 wrote:
Woah .. Biblical fact!

Well there you go. I'm not going to take this any further, anyone who thinks the bible is biblical fact has a train of thought that can't be argued with.

I'm not going to respond to this.

I'm not trying to be a jerk Thomas. But America is one nation under God indivisable with liberty and justice for all. At least it used to be. I shouldn't have said Bible fact I know that. But I do want to know why ONLY evolution is taught in our schools and is called fact. But Creation is not taught and is at best briefly mentioned as a kind of old fairy tale that only fools believed before the great modern man evolved. Question

We put IN GOD WE TRUST on our money. Not in darwin we trust. Wink

Because evolution is based on scientific facts. Creationism is not based on science at all. So why would we teach creationism in a science class? If you could produce science to back up creationism then I would consider wanting it taught as an alternate "theory" in science classes.
So the basic answer is creationism is not taught in science classes because it simply is not science at all.

No actually you have that backwards Johnny. Creation was the what most people belived for thousands of years. It is not me therefore who must prove anything. How did a THEORY come along in the recent past and replace what is written in the Bible which is actually the best science and history book ever written. Have you ever even read the Bible Johnny? I'm going to take a wild guess and say no Johnny knows little, if anything, about the Bible. Well, first of all the Bible says that the Earth is round and rotates around the Sun. Don't believe me check it out for yourself. Your scientists who you let think for you were still telling people the Earth was flat over a thousand years after this fact was already clearly stated in the Bible. Why don't you show me JUST ONE THING in the Bible that is wrong or untrue not a fact? Find me just ONE prophesy in the Bible that was wrong. It is on you to prove creation is not factual Johnny. It's been around a much longer time than your THEORY. So why not go ahead and enlighten me and prove some things about creation that are false and not factual and never happened. Think

I thought you don't care what most people believe?

Obviously I don't Thomas I was only stating a fact that the Theory of evolution is a very recent notion compared to creation. You really need to improve your reading comprehension if you are going to continually debate me instead of the points that I make. But, per usual Thomas really has nothing to say about my points but would rather try to find flaws in what I say or how I say it. Now what I have to say here will be laughed at and so be it. But I must say it to be relieved of my burden. Suppose I am wrong Thomas and when I die that's it GARY is no more. O.K. done deal then. But what if you are wrong Thomas? What will happen to you then when you die? Well,if you are wrong then you were created by the God of the Bible who says that unbelivers will go to Hell where they will be in constant torment for eternity. Can you comprehend how long eternity is? I can't. Where do you think your emotions like love came from? Do you really think that our universe with it's millions of galaxy's just happened? I sure don't. Now go ahead and laugh and call me a nut and check my spelling and all that I'm used to it now. But you will remember what you just read someday but then it will be too late. And Hell has no exits.

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
CellarDoor
Shoe-Punk Loner

France

• Posted: 02/07/2011 22:16
  • Post subject:
You don't need to write such long posts GARY.
You just have to say something like : "thomas can't understand, he's AUSTRALIAN".

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 02/07/2011 22:22
  • Post subject:
jbarajas wrote:
thomas697 wrote:
GARY wrote:
Johnny Flynn wrote:
GARY wrote:
thomas697 wrote:
Woah .. Biblical fact!

Well there you go. I'm not going to take this any further, anyone who thinks the bible is biblical fact has a train of thought that can't be argued with.

I'm not trying to be a jerk Thomas. But America is one nation under God indivisable with liberty and justice for all. At least it used to be. I shouldn't have said Bible fact I know that. But I do want to know why ONLY evolution is taught in our schools and is called fact. But Creation is not taught and is at best briefly mentioned as a kind of old fairy tale that only fools believed before the great modern man evolved. Question

Because evolution is based on scientific facts. Creationism is not based on science at all. So why would we teach creationism in a science class? If you could produce science to back up creationism then I would consider wanting it taught as an alternate "theory" in science classes.
So the basic answer is creationism is not taught in science classes because it simply is not science at all.

No actually you have that backwards Johnny. Creation was the what most people belived for thousands of years. It is not me therefore who must prove anything. How did a THEORY come along in the recent past and replace what is written in the Bible which is actually the best science and history book ever written. Have you ever even read the Bible Johnny? I'm going to take a wild guess and say no Johnny knows little, if anything, about the Bible. Well, first of all the Bible says that the Earth is round and rotates around the Sun. Don't believe me check it out for yourself. Your scientists who you let think for you were still telling people the Earth was flat over a thousand years after this fact was already clearly stated in the Bible. Why don't you show me JUST ONE THING in the Bible that is wrong or untrue not a fact? Find me just ONE prophesy in the Bible that was wrong. It is on you to prove creation is not factual Johnny. It's been around a much longer time than your THEORY. So why not go ahead and enlighten me and prove some things about creation that are false and not factual and never happened. Think

I thought you don't care what most people believe?

I went to a catholic school as a kid, they tried to drill in our heads every day the old testament and all that good stuff. How god created the earth and how jesus performed miracles. When your in 3rd or 4th grade you actually believe them, but eventually you realize or (wakeup). That everything in the Bible is complete nonsense and physically impossible. Only a fool would follow what the bible says, maybe that is what is happening in America now, people are realizing they don't have to live a life that makes you feel restricted, bad, sinner, fearful etc. Maybe that is why you get so riled up? The Bible is meant to be used metaphorically not literally. Besides every story in the Bible was copied from previous "pagan" religions.

I think that you are wrong Thomas. That is my opinion. How do you know the Bible was to be taken metaphorically and not literally? On what do you base your statement? Are you the author of the Bible? Why is it that you are so sure about your claims? Because someone else told what you wanted to hear and you could live your life doing whatever you wanted with no consequences? I take the Bible Literally myself. Almost every single signer of the U.S. Decloration Of Independance was a Bible believing Christian. So then you think that they were fools who should have stopped believing in the Bible when they were children? So Thomas Jefferson, George washington, and John Adams were just fools? Personally I will stick with them and consider you to be the fool. Check it out for yourself. I know you don't live here but what I say is true. Let me assure you that since the Bible was removed from the schools and God has been removed in almost every part of our society, this country has suffered and is on the fast track to destruction.

Last edited by GARY on 02/07/2011 23:25; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 02/07/2011 22:24
  • Post subject:
Thomas can't understand, he's Australian Brick wall

• Visit poster's website
Johnny Flynn

United States

• Posted: 02/07/2011 22:24
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
Johnny Flynn wrote:
GARY wrote:
thomas697 wrote:
Woah .. Biblical fact!

It is extremely hard to argue with someone who is a creationist. Your entire belief is based on superstition and delusion. You could bend any of the bible prophecies to mean anything you want the same way the prophecies of Nonstradamus or any "predictor" of the futures words are used. I could point out things in the bible that are total nonsense all day but you wouldn't believe one word of it so why waste my time.
I will however tell you, Your assertion that the Bible says the Earth is round is based I imagine on the verse in Isiah were he claims the Lord sits above the circle of Earth. Turning this into the thought that the bible says the Earth is round is pretty specious. The Bible in fact claims the Earth has four corners and edges even suggesting the wicked will be shaken off the ends of the Earth. These statements could be used to say the Bible believes the Earth is flat and has edges and not round at all.
Also your false assertion that I have never read the bible is like everything else you say based on no facts and just an assumption. I have in fact studied quite a bit of the bible as I went to a Catholic school up through 8th grade. I also went to about 6 confirmation classes before finally giving up on the whole thing as nonsense.
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 02/07/2011 22:45
  • Post subject:
hey dudes, I'm gonna make a separate thread for this ("science and religion") cos it's a juicy topic, which happens to not be the topic of this thread
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 02/07/2011 23:49
  • Post subject:
Johnny Flynn wrote:
GARY wrote:
Johnny Flynn wrote:
GARY wrote:
thomas697 wrote:
Woah .. Biblical fact!

It is extremely hard to argue with someone who is a creationist. Your entire belief is based on superstition and delusion. You could bend any of the bible prophecies to mean anything you want the same way the prophecies of Nonstradamus or any "predictor" of the futures words are used. I could point out things in the bible that are total nonsense all day but you wouldn't believe one word of it so why waste my time.
I will however tell you, Your assertion that the Bible says the Earth is round is based I imagine on the verse in Isiah were he claims the Lord sits above the circle of Earth. Turning this into the thought that the bible says the Earth is round is pretty specious. The Bible in fact claims the Earth has four corners and edges even suggesting the wicked will be shaken off the ends of the Earth. These statements could be used to say the Bible believes the Earth is flat and has edges and not round at all.
Also your false assertion that I have never read the bible is like everything else you say based on no facts and just an assumption. I have in fact studied quite a bit of the bible as I went to a Catholic school up through 8th grade. I also went to about 6 confirmation classes before finally giving up on the whole thing as nonsense.

Umm no Johnny the Bible does not say the earth has 4 corners. Of which you say in FACT it does. When the King James version of the Bible was written the "four corners of the Earth" was a common idiom for the four directions of a compass. It IN FACT does not refer to a shape.

I'm glad that you know the Bible so well but then you would know that we are saved by faith not by law. And faith is the belief in things yet unseen. Anyway here is one from the book of Job and as you would know Job was written about 5,000 years ago.

Job 26:10 - He hath incompassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night. This shows that in fact the day and the night on a spherical globe.

I do apologize for assuming that you had not read the Bible much. That was wrong of me.

• Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 02/08/2011 18:46
  • Post subject:

• Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8