Add Albums You Haven't Heard

View previous topic :: View next topic
JMan

• Posted: 03/24/2013 01:07
  • Post subject: Add Albums You Haven't Heard
If you're a moderator with the green label, can you be able to just add albums without having heard them or adding them to your chart? Or what if you reach a Level 9 at 15,000?
Kiki

• Posted: 03/24/2013 01:12
  • Post subject:
No, every user (perhaps even albummaster) has to put an album on a chart before it is added to data base. It isn't possible to add albums without putting them on a chart first.
JMan

• Posted: 03/24/2013 01:13
  • Post subject:
OK. What if the website got upgraded so that you can if you have enough points? Like 15,000 - 20,000?
Kiki

• Posted: 03/24/2013 01:25
  • Post subject:
What do you mean? Confused Are you suggesting being able to add albums without putting them on a chart? If so it doesn't seem necessary at all. Why would you want to do it?
JMan

• Posted: 03/24/2013 01:35
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
What do you mean? Confused Are you suggesting being able to add albums without putting them on a chart? If so it doesn't seem necessary at all. Why would you want to do it?

Just to increase the amount of albums in the database. But only people with a very high amount of points would do it. If we had it now, I couldn't even do it. Besides, if there are albums by a certain band people wanna try out, they could see the ENTIRE discography of those bands if we had this. There are a few Lynyrd Skynyrd albums we don't have on this site, for example. I'd listen to it, but I have bigger priorities like Never Mind the Bullocks and Unplugged in NY.
Kiki

• Posted: 03/24/2013 01:46
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
Just to increase the amount of albums in the database. But only people with a very high amount of points would do it. If we had it now, I couldn't even do it. Besides, if there are albums by a certain band people wanna try out, they could see the ENTIRE discography of those bands if we had this. There are a few Lynyrd Skynyrd albums we don't have on this site, for example. I'd listen to it, but I have bigger priorities like Never Mind the Bullocks and Unplugged in NY.

I see. I think albummaster doesn't like the website being database for every album ever recorded. He said it wasn't the intention when I mentioned putting "every album ever" onto the website. Also there will be problems with the amount of data such a thing will entitle.

The albums not on the website right now... well if they were recorded before 2013 to put it... mildly, they are... well... likely to be... less inclined for the ear. Lacking in the... good department. They are less likely to be best albums ever and there is little need to add them in bulk. It's best for new and current users to trickle in the ones which have been missed over time. Whether they are a good listen is then up to the listener.

Create a custom chart, call it "unadded albums" and hit the Lynyrd Skynyrd ones there if you really wish to rate them. Easy solution to your problem. Smile
JMan

• Posted: 03/24/2013 04:27
  • Post subject:
I see. Good point. Thanks.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/24/2013 07:06
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw is right. This site was never meant to be a database of every album in history, and was just meant as a place where people could easily find the best ones. The scope of the site changed a little bit when custom charts were introduced, but personally I'm happy to try and keep things as they are (in this regard).
  • Visit poster's website