Paramore

View previous topic :: View next topic
Happymeal

• Posted: 04/05/2013 21:41
  • Post subject: Paramore
Listening to their new album, it's promising to say the least. Gonna finish it after international night tonight. As far as the band goes, I haven't been a huge fan, but I feel they've done a nice job with their sound. overall, just really catchy stuff, but from what I've heard, their newest album might be their best. All I know is that it definitely shows ambition in a different direction for them, better or worse? Depends on what you think, but don't knock it till you try it.
Kiki

• Posted: 04/05/2013 23:57
  • Post subject:
I see they have taken an 'Everything Must Go' direction with the artwork.
Happymeal

• Posted: 04/06/2013 00:28
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
I see they have taken an 'Everything Must Go' direction with the artwork.

Interesting observation there. Why? Because one review from RYM claims that they're ripping off the album artwork of Echoes by The Raptures. I don't know much about the members of Paramore or their influences, but chances are they don'y even know who the raptures are.
Kiki

• Posted: 04/06/2013 00:32
  • Post subject:
I got the above idea because of the events surrounding the band this year and the last. Seems to me the cover is simply saying:

"There are 3 of us now"
Happymeal

• Posted: 04/06/2013 00:38
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
I got the above idea because of the events surrounding the band this year and the last. Seems to me the cover is simply saying:

"There are 3 of us now"

Very Happy

Good explanation, personally I think that might have affected their music as well. They don't necessarily sound different, but they sound like something new is coming (as far as their sound of music)