Pavement Reunite!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic
The Gollux

United States

• Posted: 09/19/2009 17:08
  • Post subject: Pavement Reunite!!!
The most exciting reunion since the pixies reunited!! theyre playing some shows in new york in about a week and then are planning a 2010 world tour. i cant wait till they come to southern california!

btw...anyone seeing the pixies at the hollywood palladium in november?
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 09/19/2009 20:25
  • Post subject: Re: Pavement Reunite!!!
The Gollux wrote:
The most exciting reunion since the pixies reunited!! theyre playing some shows in new york in about a week and then are planning a 2010 world tour. i cant wait till they come to southern california!

I'm having trouble feeling your enthusiasm. Pavement is a fun band and I've seen them live three times (they were good, but I wouldn't say it was one of the best shows ever) and because of that, I'm less excited about a tour than I might be about the possibility of a new album although I also associate Pavement with a time period that is sort of in my past now--when I was inspired by indie rock. I still like it as a genre, but in recent years, it's gotten pretty stale and my tastes have widened considerably. Wow! Have I actually reached the age where Pavement is nostalgic? Shocked
  • Visit poster's website
The Gollux

United States

• Posted: 10/02/2009 14:41
  • Post subject: Re: Pavement Reunite!!!
Mr. Shankly wrote:
The Gollux wrote:

I'm having trouble feeling your enthusiasm. Pavement is a fun band and I've seen them live three times (they were good, but I wouldn't say it was one of the best shows ever) and because of that, I'm less excited about a tour than I might be about the possibility of a new album although I also associate Pavement with a time period that is sort of in my past now--when I was inspired by indie rock. I still like it as a genre, but in recent years, it's gotten pretty stale and my tastes have widened considerably. Wow! Have I actually reached the age where Pavement is nostalgic? Shocked

wow...i really thought more people would have been excited about such a pivotal band reuniting.

i never saw pavement when they were together. i was old enough, but just hadnt heard of them. i was listening to much different music ten years ago. today they are one of my favorites...so you can imagine my excitement.
my tastes are pretty broad as well. but in terms of indie rock, pavement are in another league. and no matter how much my tastes have broadened, certain bands will not get stale (radiohead, pixies, pavement, vu etc)...and nostalgia is something i love music to induce. Smile
maxperenchio

• Posted: 10/28/2009 02:45
  • Post subject:
I think it would be cool if they made another record- Malkmus and co have never been very great live- their records are sweet though.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
Charicature

United States

• Posted: 10/28/2009 10:44
  • Post subject:
maxperenchio wrote:
I think it would be cool if they made another record- Malkmus and co have never been very great live- their records are sweet though.

Are you talking about their legendary incompetence when it comes to knowing how to end songs, leading to these long droning endings that go on forever until one by one each member of the band gives up and walks off stage? Laughing
cartoken
The Seer

France

• Posted: 11/13/2009 23:41
  • Post subject:
[quote="maxperenchio"]I think it would be cool if they made another record- Malkmus and co have never been very great live- their records are sweet though.[/quote]

Tottaly agree, still a Tour is a great news for a so famous and acclaimed band. hope Paris is part of the calendar !!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website