Any upcoming gigs you are looking forward too?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
nshaw75

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/29/2013 09:29
  • Post subject: Any upcoming gigs you are looking forward too?
Just heard Babyshambles are coming to Leeds in September - Cannot miss this gig.

Anyone else with some good gigs coming up? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 04/29/2013 09:33
  • Post subject:
http://electricpicnic.ie/holding.html
Also got Bruce Springsteen tickets for Christmas and that's coming up soon, should be cool.
I'll probably be at a load of small Irish ones aswell.

• Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 04/29/2013 09:40
  • Post subject:
My Bloody Valentine in early June.

Got the ticket, need to get the earplugs now Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
nshaw75

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/29/2013 09:51
  • Post subject:
Sound great, I haven't got so many lined up this year - bit skint at the moment.

Along with Babyshambles, I have the View in June and Shed Seven in December, two of my all time favourite bands Cool
  • Visit poster's website
Silver

• Posted: 04/29/2013 13:57
  • Post subject:
May see Tame Impala next month, along with some other bands. Also I'm playing a gig on June 1st which I'm most certainly looking forward to. =D

• Posted: 04/29/2013 14:23
  • Post subject:
I had a ticket to see Laurel Halo about two weeks back and totally forgot it was happening. Just missed a show I'd paid to see and was looking forward to immensely through forgetfulness and disorganisation. Anyway, I'm going to see The Stones for the second time in the summer, and a folk music festival in Kent (featuring Martin Carthy, Judi Dyble, The Coal Porters and Syd Arthur, amongst others), Rhythmtree Festival (featuring Dele Sosimi, Prince Fatty, AJ Holmes & The Hackney Empire, Soothsayers and the London Afrobeat Collective, amongst others) and Bestival. The line-up for Bestival includes:

lethalnezzle wrote:
Wu-Tang, The Knife, Belle & Seb, The Flaming Lips, The Roots, Parquet Courts, Nile Rodgers and Chic, Snoop Dogg, Courtney Pine, Dexy's, Max Romeo, M.I.A., John Cooper Clarke, Joy Orbison, Cyril Hahn, Ben UFO, Oneman, Addison Groove, Squarepusher, and the amazing London Afrobeat Collective. It's gonna be dope.
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 04/29/2013 14:33
  • Post subject:

Was meant to go to see Freddie Gibbs on Thursday,gig got cancelled.Just missed out on tickets to see the homie Rocky.Might make it to see Blur and Spiritualized over the enxt couple of months too.
  • Visit poster's website
nshaw75

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/29/2013 14:37
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
I had a ticket to see Laurel Halo about two weeks back and totally forgot it was happening. Just missed a show I'd paid to see and was looking forward to immensely through forgetfulness and disorganisation. Anyway, I'm going to see The Stones for the second time in the summer, and a folk music festival in Kent (featuring Martin Carthy, Judi Dyble, The Coal Porters and Syd Arthur, amongst others), Rhythmtree Festival (featuring Dele Sosimi, Prince Fatty, AJ Holmes & The Hackney Empire, Soothsayers and the London Afrobeat Collective, amongst others) and Bestival. The line-up for Bestival includes:

Would have loved to go see the Stones. I do not like parting with that much cash though just for one band. If I wasn't on holiday I would have hoped to see them at Glasto but I would have to be dead or paralysed for my wife to allow me to miss the holiday. Brick wall
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 04/29/2013 14:45
  • Post subject:
La Route du Rock near Saint-Malo, Brittany, August 15-16-17:

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Hot Chip, Tame Impala, Disclosure, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Local Natives, Efterklang, Woods, Moon Duo, !!!, Allah-Las, Jacco Gardner, Suuns, Parquet Courts, Junip, Elctric Electric.

http://www.laroutedurock.com/

I have already seen Nick Cave (like 15 years ago or something) and !!! (six or seven years ago at the same festival, a very good show it was).

I have alreeady listened to Hot Chip, Godspeed, Allah-Las but have never seen them live. Should be good.

Don't know the others, probably won't listen to them before, because the bands I don't know I like to discover when I go.

This is always my only festival of the year, as I can't financially support multiple gig attending, so it's always a special occasion, and it's 20km from my hometown too, so I always meet loads of people I know there. Definitely loking forward to it.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 04/29/2013 14:46
  • Post subject:
nshaw75 wrote:
Would have loved to go see the Stones. I do not like parting with that much cash though just for one band. If I wasn't on holiday I would have hoped to see them at Glasto but I would have to be dead or paralysed for my wife to allow me to miss the holiday. Brick wall

My ticket was a present (a thanks for some cat-sitting and gardening). No way I'd be going if I had to pay for a ticket.