25%
 25%  [13]
Total Votes : 51

revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 05/30/2013 05:39
  • Post subject:
I feel like the people who are actually going to be contributing to this record ought to have more say as to whether it should be composed of originals, covers, or whatever. I mean, originals are a lot more work, so someone contributing might be more wary, but users who are just going to be listening can request whatever they want without fear of having to do anything.

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 05/30/2013 05:44
  • Post subject:
So should we get a list going of all the muzique people who are willing to contribute?

So far there's:

music people:

Harkan
Jhereko
AlexZangari
Puncture Repair
Hayden
LethalNezzle
Defago

just shout out if you're willing toi contribute something (and if what you're willing to contribute is only either a cover or original)

Last edited by Wombi on 05/31/2013 04:38; edited 1 time in total
Silver

• Posted: 05/30/2013 05:51
  • Post subject:
I would contribute, but at the current state I'm in I don't have anything that can get high quality enough recordings, so the only thing I'd be able to contribute would be originals of my band when we get some studio time soon. If we do end up doing some originals comp though, I'd be willing to contribute with one of those songs.
AlexZangari

United States

• Posted: 05/30/2013 07:57
  • Post subject:
I would absolutely love to contribute, but only if you guys are cool with awful, sloppy lo-fi shit.

Also if we're going to do an album (it's a good idea, but I'd like to use a variety of musicians' work that highlights the many things we collectively love), I definitely agree on the Soft Bulletin. I'm also going to nominate Yankee Hotel Foxtrot though. And you guys are shitting me if you think OK Computer is too hard. We could do OKC easy, Paranoid Android is the only challenge there.
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/30/2013 08:42
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
just shout out if you're willing toi contribute something (and if what you're willing to contribute is only either a cover or original)

I'd be glad to contribute either.

I pictured a collaborative album as something we wrote and performed as a unit, so we each contribute something to every song, otherwise it'll have very little direction. We might even end up with a new sound.
Wombi

• Posted: 05/30/2013 10:36
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:
I'd be glad to contribute either.

I pictured a collaborative album as something we wrote and performed as a unit, so we each contribute something to every song, otherwise it'll have very little direction. We might even end up with a new sound.

What you're talking about would be so ridiculously difficult to organise into something listenable. Maybe we could get there at some point but my personal feeling would be that that's the apex of our endeavours since I think we should probably take baby steps to get to that level.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/30/2013 13:18
  • Post subject:
I'll contribute. Smile

• Posted: 05/30/2013 13:19
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
I'll contribute.
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/30/2013 13:25
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
What you're talking about would be so ridiculously difficult to organise into something listenable. Maybe we could get there at some point but my personal feeling would be that that's the apex of our endeavours since I think we should probably take baby steps to get to that level.

You're right, it's nice in concept but I guess it wouldn't play out too well at this stage.

I'm happy to contribute whatever everyone else decides on.
gtroda

• Posted: 05/30/2013 14:08
  • Post subject:
Really cool idea gang. I'm looking forward to listening to whatever you guys come up with. I wish I had some sort of musical ability to contribute but sadly I'll just be on the sidelines.

I would suggest that the thing that brings everyone here together is BEA and you are billing at a BEA compilation so what you do should somehow be related to BEA. Then it can be used to promote BEA and if it's put on Bandcamp or somewhere similar maybe proceeds could be donated to BEA or something.

Because of that I think it would be cool if what you chose to cover could also be linked to BEA and maybe have an explanation that advertises the use of the site such as:
    - choosing an album based on its chart position, like OK Computer
    - one of the albums that are on the top of a decade chart (Kid A, OK Computer, Doolittle, DSOTM, Revolver...)
    - the highest ranking album from a certain country (like Back in Black for Australia)
    - the top rated album based on user charts, not including recognized charts (I can't get this search to work right now for some reason)
    - the winner of one of our tournaments

just ideas...