Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cymro2011
The Beatles were objectively average

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/18/2013 21:26
  • Post subject:
RebelMachine wrote:
It called me a redneck (trying to be racist, yet redneck isn't even a racial term), so I called it a nigger. We were both in the wrong and yet I was the one banned. Doesn't make sense to me, but que sera, sera.

You're not making your case any better by referring to nezzle as "it".
  • Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/18/2013 22:56
  • Post subject:
RebelMachine wrote:
It called me a redneck (trying to be racist, yet redneck isn't even a racial term), so I called it a nigger. We were both in the wrong and yet I was the one banned. Doesn't make sense to me, but que sera, sera.

No, redneck is not a racial term. It's possible (certain) that lethal understands this and was probably (definitely) not actually trying to be racist to you. Then you respond, assuming he's black, by calling him a nigger and proceeding to refer to him as "it".

Puncture's being very polite calling you a not very likeable person. You're a racist cunt and you should just leave, nobody wants you here.
RebelMachine

• Posted: 06/18/2013 23:12
  • Post subject:
So this is how y'all want it. Y'all just want to deem me a racist because I'm not a rap fan. Then y'all want to deny that I was the one who was racially attacked to begin with. I take the responsibility for the racist message I sent to it. So now y'all just want me off the site for good. Well all I can say now is: If you don't like me, you can just BITE ME!
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 06/18/2013 23:13
  • Post subject:
RebelMachine wrote:

As you say, redneck in not a racist term, making it different from the other term used, which was racist. People get into arguments here and insults are thrown no doubt about it, but racist terms are too far, even in these situations. There've been cases here in the past where other users were banned for using the same racist slur, it's something that shouldn't be happening here or on any other website. People appear to have no problem using swearwords or other insults (E.g. Redneck) in arguments online, racism however just isn't acceptable.

• Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/18/2013 23:16
  • Post subject:
RebelMachine wrote:
y'all want to deny that I was the one who was racially attacked to begin with

RebelMachine wrote:
redneck isn't even a racial term

RebelMachine

• Posted: 06/18/2013 23:27
  • Post subject:
When redneck was referenced towards me, it was meant to be a racist remark. Then I posted a pic in the funny pic thread that was about how stupid rap lyrics are getting. I was asked what my point was and then it said my point was that He (me) hates black people. Explain to me how that is acceptable? I've owned up to my actions, yet y'all are treating it like it is in the total right. BULLSHIT!

Let me explain the term redneck to y'all. Redneck isn't a racist word, but can come off as one when someone uses it (as it was directed towards me) to basically mean someone who hates black people. For the most part redneck isn't used as such, but in this case it was.
  • Visit poster's website
Happymeal

• Posted: 06/18/2013 23:38
  • Post subject:
Well the basics of the argument as I understand:

- Derogatory words are fine so long as they don't fit our definition of "racist" (how the n - word fits into the definition is something I don't understand, I'd love to understand it though. I'm not afraid to learn, but every time you embrace learning, it seems people want to shut you out by claiming it's an idiotic thing to ask, at least, that's my experience, I'd love people to show me a different one. I'd just love that explanation and so on, it's something I'd like to know. Not just the what to, but the why. ).

- That being said, I think derogatory terms are bad in general, racist or not. If you're showing malice, no matter what terms you use, it's still wrong, people dislike racism far more though because apparently it's wrong to do wrong to those of a different race, but it's fine to do wrong to those of a different social standard, a different intelligence, a different life. So long as it isn't race, it seems fine by everyone. That is something i don't understand. Racism is bad, but so is insulting others.

Last edited by Happymeal on 06/18/2013 23:39; edited 1 time in total
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 06/18/2013 23:39
  • Post subject:
RebelMachine wrote:
I take the responsibility for the racist message I sent to it.
  • Visit poster's website
drakonium
coucou

France

• Posted: 06/18/2013 23:39
  • Post subject:
You're not even entertaining. If you're going to be a troll, at least do it in a funny way.
  • Visit poster's website
Happymeal

• Posted: 06/18/2013 23:44
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
Well the basics of the argument as I understand:

- Derogatory words are fine so long as they don't fit our definition of "racist" (how the n - word fits into the definition is something I don't understand, I'd love to understand it though. I'm not afraid to learn, but every time you embrace learning, it seems people want to shut you out by claiming it's an idiotic thing to ask, at least, that's my experience, I'd love people to show me a different one. I'd just love that explanation and so on, it's something I'd like to know. Not just the what to, but the why. ).

- That being said, I think derogatory terms are bad in general, racist or not. If you're showing malice, no matter what terms you use, it's still wrong, people dislike racism far more though because apparently it's wrong to do wrong to those of a different race, but it's fine to do wrong to those of a different social standard, a different intelligence, a different life. So long as it isn't race, it seems fine by everyone. That is something i don't understand. Racism is bad, but so is insulting others.

Just in case anyone missed this.

Anyways, Defago, here's what i don't understand. Scotty here knows that lethal is white, yet he's still calling him "it", how's that racist? He's insulting lethal right now, but not because of race, rahter because he just dislikes lethal. i don't understand how what scotty is doing right now is any different than insulting people on a regular basis. It's wrong to use the n - word (as far as social standards go), but I'm not getting the whole pointing out the word "it" in his statements. I'd love to understand.

EDIT: For those who might misconstrue me. I'm not defending scotty here, I'm just not understanding the whole context and everything behind the situation here. It's difficult for me to comprehend. I don't necessarily disagree, but I admit to having a lower understanding of this.