66%  [12]
Unholy Cult
33%
 33%  [6]
Total Votes : 18

Saoirse

• Posted: 06/15/2013 19:20
  • Post subject: CLOSED- BNMAT- Original Pirate Material def Unholy Cult
ORIGINAL PIRATE MATERIAL by The Streets (captain: HigherthantheSun)

Original Pirate Material by The Streets

VS

UNHOLY CULT by Immolation (captain: Necharsian)

Unholy Cult by Immolation

Last edited by Saoirse on 06/19/2013 15:44; edited 1 time in total
Happymeal

• Posted: 06/15/2013 22:09
  • Post subject:
If Unholy Cult doesn't win, then obviously metal doesn't have any luck in this tourney.

Both good albums of course.
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 06/16/2013 02:12
  • Post subject:
To be fair, I actually listened to Immolation (I'm woefully ignorant of metal). I couldn't tell you if it's good or not, but it wasn't to my tastes. Original Pirate Material, while I feel has not aged well, still resonates with me.

• Posted: 06/16/2013 02:30
  • Post subject:
I think Original Pirate Material is trash, but on the other hand I can't stand metal. Abstain.
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 06/16/2013 07:14
  • Post subject:
Unlike junodog, I don't think Original Pirate Material has aged that much. It still sounds awesome, and I often come back to it. It's an era-defining album, for sure, capturing something of the early 00s that hasn't changed so much. Everything Skinner says can be heard and related to today I reckon. The tunes and beats are awesome, that man can be great fun and suddenly dive into pathetic self-deprecation in such a clever manner. One of the classics of the period.

On the other hand, we've got Unholy Cult, tbh I only listened to it once and hadn't heard it before the tournament. The music's good, frankly, but I can't take the voice. Probably just a matter of taste, or of conformity to a style I don't listen to often, if barely at all, probably.

OPM has my vote, easily
  • Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/16/2013 11:10
  • Post subject:
Pretty much the soundtrack to my life when I was 18/19ish, still love it now as much as I did then I think, used to be number one on my chart when I joined and for a long time after.

It's pretty fucking fantastic tbh, fuck Necharsian for not liking it everyone knows metal sucks so easy vote really.

• Posted: 06/16/2013 19:24
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
If Unholy Cult doesn't win, then obviously metal doesn't have any luck in this tourney.

What are you talking about? Original Pirate Material would be a tough match for any album, it's absolutely quality and the fact that it's winning doesn't say anything about BEA's attitude towards metal or the "luck" of metal in this tournament. Unholy Cult may be a great metal album, but it's come up against an album loved by a lot of users. If Unholy Cult was to come up against a practically unknown album, or an album known to be disliked by a lot of users, and was still losing then your statement would hold some credence. As it is, you're just talking bullshit.

EDIT: Oh, I voted Original Pirate Material obviously. It's on my chart. It's one of the greatest albums ever made. Also, 'Weak Become Heroes' is the greatest song of all-time.
Happymeal

• Posted: 06/16/2013 20:04
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
What are you talking about? Original Pirate Material would be a tough match for any album, it's absolutely quality and the fact that it's winning doesn't say anything about BEA's attitude towards metal or the "luck" of metal in this tournament. Unholy Cult may be a great metal album, but it's come up against an album loved by a lot of users. If Unholy Cult was to come up against a practically unknown album, or an album known to be disliked by a lot of users, and was still losing then your statement would hold some credence. As it is, you're just talking bullshit.

EDIT: Oh, I voted Original Pirate Material obviously. It's on my chart. It's one of the greatest albums ever made. Also, 'Weak Become Heroes' is the greatest song of all-time.

- You misconstrued what I meant. I agree with your statement that Original Pirate material is a tough match - up against any album, which is why Unholy Cult, an album within a genre that isn't the most well liked among us, is unlucky to get matched up against it.
- As is, I'm talking something that is completely not bullshit.

EDIT: That being said, obviously my statement wasn't worded that way, but the way I word things can be confusing and not actually say what I mean. I say a lot of things, what I mean is something completely different from what I say.

Last edited by Happymeal on 06/16/2013 20:08; edited 1 time in total
drakonium
coucou

France

• Posted: 06/16/2013 20:06
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
misconstrued
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 06/16/2013 20:08
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
- You misconstrued what I meant. I agree with your statement that Original Pirate material is a tough match - up against any album, which is why Unholy Cult, an album within a genre that isn't the most well liked among us, is unlucky to get matched up against it.
- As is, I'm talking something that is completely not bullshit.

You started with, "If Unholy Cult doesn't win...", implying that it would be 'unlucky' not to beat Original Pirate Material. If what you meant was that metal is unlucky in this tournament because of the strength of the albums that metal albums keep getting drawn against, and if I subsequently misconstrued that, it's only because you worded it terribly.