BEA Mixtape #1: Album Art poll

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: The Album Art for BEA Mixtape #1 is?
1 (creator: DLGGLD)
26%
 26%  [13]
2 (creator: harkan)
8%
 8%  [4]
3 (creator: harkan)
2%
 2%  [1]
4 (creator: harkan)
6%
 6%  [3]
5 (creator: Defago)
16%
 16%  [8]
6 (creator: Joshtraina)
16%
 16%  [8]
7 (creator: Jhereko)
26%
 26%  [13]
Total Votes : 50

AlexZangari

United States

• Posted: 06/27/2013 15:58
  • Post subject:
If #7 loses, I demand a recount.
CellarDoor
Shoe-Punk Loner

France

• Posted: 06/27/2013 20:57
  • Post subject:
#7 reminds me of Eraserhead

• Visit poster's website
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 06/27/2013 21:11
  • Post subject:
Surprising so far, yet not. I was trying something serious but the public wants randomness. Doesn't really reflect the music. Plus if we want non BEA members to listen to it, is this what we want to be know for?
  • Visit poster's website
CellarDoor
Shoe-Punk Loner

France

• Posted: 06/27/2013 21:13
  • Post subject:
harkan wrote:
Surprising so far, yet not. I was trying something serious but the public wants randomness. Doesn't really reflect the music. Plus if we want non BEA members to listen to it, is this what we want to be know for?

I actually voted for n°2 because it's dark. And I like dark.

• Visit poster's website
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 06/27/2013 21:38
  • Post subject:
Personally, I think 1, while hilarious, is not really appropriate, like harkan said. Numbers 2 through 5 are ok, but 6 pictures other artists, which would be fine if we were covering theme, but we aren't. Number 7 is alright, pretty random but still sober-ish.
  • Visit poster's website
drakonium
coucou

France

• Posted: 06/27/2013 21:51
  • Post subject:
Defago wrote:
Personally, I think 1, while hilarious, is not really appropriate

I don't agree with this. What we are is a convivial and fun forum, which does not take itself too seriously. Basically, and that's why I like being here, I don't think we're a bunch of pretentious assholes talking about how abstract are the artists we listen to and how Scaruffi has mediocre tastes. We're just random people from all across the world loving music and having fun discovering plenty of new things thanks to each others' recs. In that sense I think the first album cover sums up the whole spirit of the site pretty well : we're here to have fun. It's also pretty enigmatic as it features lots of references to the history of the forum, but still manages to remain funny even for someone who doesn't know us, thanks to the kind of handmade / lo-fi vibe it has.

I like the seventh a lot, too, but it just feels less "authentic". I mean, the first one could have been something five-year-old children have made in class all together, as friends, while the other is just a very well-done album cover. I think the spirit of this mixtape is best represented by DLGGLD's cover.
  • Visit poster's website
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 06/28/2013 03:55
  • Post subject:
drakonium wrote:
I don't agree with this. What we are is a convivial and fun forum, which does not take itself too seriously. Basically, and that's why I like being here, I don't think we're a bunch of pretentious assholes talking about how abstract are the artists we listen to and how Scaruffi has mediocre tastes. We're just random people from all across the world loving music and having fun discovering plenty of new things thanks to each others' recs. In that sense I think the first album cover sums up the whole spirit of the site pretty well : we're here to have fun. It's also pretty enigmatic as it features lots of references to the history of the forum, but still manages to remain funny even for someone who doesn't know us, thanks to the kind of handmade / lo-fi vibe it has.

I like the seventh a lot, too, but it just feels less "authentic". I mean, the first one could have been something five-year-old children have made in class all together, as friends, while the other is just a very well-done album cover. I think the spirit of this mixtape is best represented by DLGGLD's cover.

I think 1 is great but it's not an album cover, nor was it supposed to be. It was first made as a site banner, and that's what it works best as. We don't need references to the forums on an album cover anyway.

Plus the BEAlluminati is gonna be pissed if 5 doesn't win. Or would that be if 5 does win?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 06/28/2013 07:54
  • Post subject:
So thn, is this a pointless exercise to get people to vote? Should I just choose myself?
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/28/2013 11:03
  • Post subject:
How is this pointless?
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 06/28/2013 11:08
  • Post subject:
harkan wrote:
So thn, is this a pointless exercise to get people to vote? Should I just choose myself?

No, it's not pointless. It's been an interesting discussion. I mean, I wouldn't mind a bit more time to see what other users can come up with, both in terms of the cover art and the music. I don't really see any point in rushing the project, it's quite a big undertaking and I'm thinking we could maybe push it back until September or October in order so that people can really put something forward that they are totally satisfied, both musically and visually, and so that we can all squabble about the tracklisting and which song should be first/last etc., not too mention time to make sure we've canvassed everyone that would possibly want to be a part of it. I know it's been discussed for a month or so now, but I really see no harm in pushing it back. I know it's cliche, but I think a Sgt. Pepper homage done well, with pictures of all those involved and any other users willing to put their faces forward, would be pretty cool. But you know, if people are ready to go ahead now then I'm happy to do that too. I just don't see why we shouldn't put time and effort into making the project as good, as complete, and as satisfying for everybody involved as possible. That said, we could always put one out soon and then leave scope for another. I don't know, I'm rambling. Just some thoughts.