Preconceived Musical Taste Based on Appearance

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Posted: 06/28/2013 00:02
  • Post subject: Preconceived Musical Taste Based on Appearance
You know how people stereotype some people who listen to a certain genre? Well, based on your appearance or maybe just your personality, what do people, or what do you think people, think your musical taste generally is?

I look like a dadrocker. I've got long dark hair and all my shirts are Led Zeppelin, The Who, Beatles, and Pink Floyd even though I don't even listen to those bands very often, but those are the shirts my dad always buys me for Christmas and my birthday and such. XD

I don't really know what people who say magical music is their favourite genre are said to look like..They probably have pointy ears...and clothing made out of leaves...And may or may not be a goat below the waist...
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States
  • Posted: 06/28/2013 00:12
  • Post subject:
Well I have longish hair and wear a jeans, metal band shirts, and either black boots or white running shoes. I was genuinely surprised by being considered a dadrocker on here, since in real life I'm usually quickly labelled as a metalhead by the way I look.
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 06/28/2013 00:20
  • Post subject:
Friends tend to be label me as someone who listens to indie rock due to my appearance (Which makes no fucking sense to me, how does someone look like they listen to indie rock?).

• Visit poster's website
drakonium
coucou

France
  • Posted: 06/28/2013 00:22
  • Post subject:
I'm pretty much the geek stereotype. My arms are excessively thin, my back is slightly deformed, I have a fair amount of spots of my face, I wear glasses, and my skin is very clear. Well this description makes me look terrible, I'm not sure I'm that ugly, but these are just the details that strike me the most in me. Anyway, with these physical attributes, my clothes don't really matter anymore. I usually wear Mickey mouse T-shirts and colorful pants, but whatever I wear, I'm a geek. That said, there isn't any particular musical stereotype associated to a geek. Maybe metal. I don't look like a metalhead at all, though, my hair being brown and not too long (I currently have the haircut Bieber had in the Baby video, to be simple). Meh. I'm generally not associated with music very much, considering how I look like.
  • Visit poster's website
drakonium
coucou

France
  • Posted: 06/28/2013 00:23
  • Post subject:
Patman360 wrote:
how does someone look like they listen to indie rock?

...have you ever heard about hipsters?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 06/28/2013 00:24
  • Post subject:
drakonium wrote:
I'm pretty much the geek stereotype. My arms are excessively thin, my back is slightly deformed, I have a fair amount of spots of my face, I wear glasses, and my skin is very clear. Well this description makes me look terrible, I'm not sure I'm that ugly, but these are just the details that strike me the most in me. Anyway, with these physical attributes, my clothes don't really matter anymore. I usually wear Mickey mouse T-shirts and colorful pants, but whatever I wear, I'm a geek. That said, there isn't any particular musical stereotype associated to a geek. Maybe metal. I don't look like a metalhead at all, though, my hair being brown and not too long (I currently have the haircut Bieber had in the Baby video, to be simple). Meh. I'm generally not associated with music very much, considering how I look like.

Hmm...You probably like Kraftwerk. XD I feel like geeks should like Kraftwerk.
Silver
  • Posted: 06/28/2013 00:26
  • Post subject:
Ever since I got my hair cut I look kind of like Ezra Koenig, so I guess I look like I listen to Vampire Weekend.

And Dave Matthews

Link
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States
  • Posted: 06/28/2013 00:33
  • Post subject:
Patman360 wrote:
Friends tend to be label me as someone who listens to indie rock due to my appearance (Which makes no fucking sense to me, how does someone look like they listen to indie rock?).

I can't really pinpoint what someone that listens to indie rock looks like, but I'm pretty good at knowing when I see it. Same with the sound of indie rock. People say it's not a genre and I couldn't really describe it, but when I hear it, I know it's indie rock.
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru
  • Posted: 06/28/2013 00:34
  • Post subject:
My beard and hair look like folk. My face looks like I'm permanently on drugs so that's psychedelic. My clothing would be indie. So no idea.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 06/28/2013 00:35
  • Post subject:
Defago wrote:
My beard and hairdo look like folk. My face looks like I'm permanently on drugs so that's psychedelic. My clothing would be indie. So no idea.

I want to look like you. I'm going to clone you and then take out your insides and wear your skin, if that's all right.