Anyone want to work with music / already work with music?

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 01/20/2010 21:45
  • Post subject: Anyone want to work with music / already work with music?
So does anyone want to make there own albums one day? You might have guessed I do Smile How about jobs which are music related? Sound Engineers? Producers? Promoters? Teaching? Anyone already doing anything like this? How do you feel about it?

Would love to hear from you all Smile
telefunker

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/21/2010 13:58
  • Post subject:
i'm working on an album of my own right now.. it's taking a while due to the fact i'm doing everything myself (although i definitely plan on delegating the mixing/mastering)

it has to be good enough to make my top 10 aswell. if it's not as good as pet sounds or thriller then i will have failed. medocrity is the worst form of art in my eyes.

do you write music then?
teodor_matz

• Posted: 01/21/2010 14:10
  • Post subject:
I produce a lot of electronica. I also have a rock band with my cousin that you can listen here www.myspace.com/dysfunctionalfamilycircus
  • Visit poster's website
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 01/21/2010 16:44
  • Post subject:
Well, yes and no.

As for a professional job, I have no musical talent whatsoever.Though I'm really good at writing, so it would be fun to be a music journalist.

Still, I remember late last year, I was really bored with my brother, so we got out this old MIDI keyboard, started up Garageband on my Mac, and put together two REALLY crappy EP's for a band called Charlie N. George. If you're really curious to see how bad it is, you could PM me for a free download.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 01/22/2010 21:01
  • Post subject:
telefunker wrote:
i'm working on an album of my own right now.. it's taking a while due to the fact i'm doing everything myself (although i definitely plan on delegating the mixing/mastering)

it has to be good enough to make my top 10 aswell. if it's not as good as pet sounds or thriller then i will have failed. medocrity is the worst form of art in my eyes.

do you write music then?

I have wrote some stuff. I plan to start doing it properly this year (actually finishing a whole song with written music). I have plenty of ideas on paper too. Razz

Will you be touring the album some time in the future?
telefunker

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/23/2010 19:03
  • Post subject:
that's cool, will be interested to hear it when it's done..

i'm not even thinking about touring or any kind of promotion right now, i guess when it's finished in rough format i might have to give it some thought though..
Kiki

• Posted: 01/27/2010 18:06
  • Post subject:
Thanks Smile I'll be going to guitar practice again tomorrow so I'll be getting a little closer to making something one day Laughing

With the touring I meant the future in general. If you finish the album and then through a chain of events (Someone hears it, wants to sign you, you say "alright then", the public in general like it and buy loads of copys) you are asked to go on a huge tour would you be all "yes sure" or would you say "No way, I can't see myself doing that"?

What subjects do you write about in your lyrics?

Sorry, if I ask too much. I'm just curious to hear what other artists do right now Smile
telefunker

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/28/2010 11:01
  • Post subject:
if everything goes well and i can get the right band of people together to play the songs live then i would be well up for it, chiefly because i know how much fun it can be!

in more musical terms though, i think it would be better to invest in making a second album and then touring, when you have a better body of material to choose a set list from. so many bands end up touring on one song and basically carve a career out of it. i think that would kill the dream pretty quickly for anyone..

basically, i'm intent on making a great album and i would only tour if i could be confident the live show would also be great

my lyrics oscillate between vague abstractions and all out fury but tend to focus either on existential themes like nihilism or personal traumas. yesterday i wrote some anti-religious lyrics, which if ever released, would probably get me killed. it's all fun and games though..