New Lady Gaga Album

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 08/04/2013 20:10
  • Post subject: New Lady Gaga Album
There is going to be a new Lady Gaga album this year! Shocked How do you think it will compare to previous attempts? Will the popularity of Lady Gaga in music go up or down? I mean she was very big to start with. Think
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 08/04/2013 20:21
  • Post subject:
No joke I was just having a long hard thought about Lady Gaga on my walk up to campus. I've never been a huge fan of her music. It's sexy like most pop but at the same time it feels asexual, sterile, and/or robotic. That doesn't stop Alejandro or Disco Stick from getting stuck in my head though. And she is an interesting case in pop music; her image really pushes how much weird the average consumer can intake before they lose interest. Anyways, I don't think it will make waves like Teenage Dream or even The Fame. The Fame Monster had only three successful singles (only one of which was #1), while The Fame had five (like, three of which were #1). So, I see her continuing to wane.

EDIT: wow, so I just realized she has a third album. It had four successful singles but I haven't heard a single one... so yeah, waning
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 08/04/2013 20:30
  • Post subject:
ppnw wrote:
it feels asexual, sterile, and/or robotic.

This. I mean i'll sing along to any of her songs, and a lot of them will get stuck in my head, but they all seem to be missing something. I can't relate to them(not so much the lyrics, but the whole feel of her music), and in some cases they come across as empty and for lack of a better word fake. However I can see how the world would seem like a different place through the eyes of someone like her, and maybe i'm not in the position to appreciate it. I'll spin the album for sure, but i'm not holding out for a masterpiece.
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 08/04/2013 20:34
  • Post subject:
DLGGLD wrote:
This. I mean i'll sing along to any of her songs, and a lot of them will get stuck in my head, but they all seem to be missing something.

It's like she's talking about sex on Disco Stick, but she has no sexual intonation in her voice like Katy or Britney would. I have this image in my head that listening to her is like sexing her missionary and she's just staring at you wide-eyed and dirty talking in a monotone from The Coneheads, no movement, no hint of pleasure.
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 08/04/2013 20:36
  • Post subject:
ppnw wrote:
It's like she's talking about sex on Disco Stick, but she has no sexual intonation in her voice like Katy or Britney would. I have this image in my head that listening to her is like sexing her missionary and she's just staring at you wide-eyed and dirty talking in a monotone from The Coneheads, no movement, no hint of pleasure.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm using that.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 08/04/2013 20:54
  • Post subject:
Lady Gaga is a good singles artist, and I think we can expect that trend to continue on the new album. But yeah, I think the peak in her popularity is passed.
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 08/04/2013 23:40
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
Lady Gaga is a good singles artist, and I think we can expect that trend to continue on the new album. But yeah, I think the peak in her popularity is passed.

Same. I think her first album had some pretty cool songs that weren't singles, but I think she's done with that. Also, I think her "edginess" has passed too, the ridiculous outfits and everything, I think the novelty of the whole thing has passed, or at least, I can hope it has.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 08/05/2013 00:14
  • Post subject:
Gaga used to be my favorite artist, but I think she's really gone downhill. The Fame was inconsistent, but the singles were great. The Fame Monster was probably her peak, there weren't any dud songs there. Born This Way sucked, and I assume her next LP will as well. That being said, I'm hoping for something decent.

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Torchlin

Portugal

• Posted: 08/05/2013 01:51
  • Post subject:
My predictions:
-Gaga will choose a less commercial and more industrial sound for her new album. Most beats will have a clear "Einstürzende Neubauten" influence.
-No single will be released because your average radio listener couldn't possibly grasp the genius of it.
-People will make the inevitable Kid A comparisons because every artist has to be compared to Radiohead at some point during their career.
-Pitchfork will give it a 9.0+ rating calling it bold, ambitious and a journey into a tormented mind or something like that.
-After the initial Internet backslash it will slowly creep into BEA's top 100 and a new tread will inevitably be made to celebrate the event.
-I'll probably like it.
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 08/05/2013 03:45
  • Post subject:
Torchlin wrote:
My predictions:
-Gaga will choose a less commercial and more industrial sound for her new album. Most beats will have a clear "Einstürzende Neubauten" influence.
-No single will be released because your average radio listener couldn't possibly grasp the genius of it.
-People will make the inevitable Kid A comparisons because every artist has to be compared to Radiohead at some point during their career.
-Pitchfork will give it a 9.0+ rating calling it bold, ambitious and a journey into a tormented mind or something like that.
-After the initial Internet backslash it will slowly creep into BEA's top 100 and a new tread will inevitably be made to celebrate the event.
-I'll probably like it.

I predict the exact opposite of this