Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
lightmyway
Swimming into view

United States

• Posted: 08/13/2013 02:41
  • Post subject: Re: Philistines
sp4cetiger wrote:
Trust me, he means it. We once tried to watch Jaws (1975) with him and he did nothing but complain the whole time.

Well if he likes John Williams and hated Jaws he sounds like a very confused person.
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 08/17/2013 20:06
  • Post subject:
I like both classical and indie rock, and I like soundtracks by Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Alan Silvestri, Danny Elfman, Elliot Goldenthal, and John Williams. About Jaws, he probably thinks all of William's music sounds the same, if he means it. Either way, the guy shouldn't be making fun of your tastes. Why? Because you like the more popular genres out of the three (classical, indie rock, soundtrack), and he probably also thinks that he has a right to make fun of you for that because there are not many John Williams fans out there and he feels a little weird for not having a "popular" opinion.

Believe me when I say I'm the guy who usually has the unpopular opinion. Not only here on BEA (Cher, Meat Loaf, Alice Cooper) but at home. I like apple pie, but everyone else likes pumpkin. I like movies when everyone else likes video games. I'm a beef guy, but most of my family likes chicken (to the best of my knowledge.) Also, I like Yugioh when my brothers, sister, and step-brother like Pokemon. That's just a short part. The only thing in common I can think of between me and my siblings is that we all love watermelon. I was young and would try to make fun of my bros for having the popular opinion. It got nowhere.

Try watching Jurassic Park with your friend. John Williams composed very well in that film. Great music for a great movie.