Travel Advice

View previous topic :: View next topic
andy_hunter

Cape Verde

• Posted: 07/07/2014 00:06
  • Post subject: Travel Advice
Right so, as a long time observer and occasional contributor to this site I have observed many things about our users. One of those things being, that as a collective we all have pretty good taste in many things (music, films, literature etc). The second is that we are also quite well spread across the world. This has made me think that it would be a good idea if we had a place to recommend cool, interesting, non-touristy things to do in cities which we may have lived in or visited.

I'll get the ball rolling on this one. I'm going be in Barcelona this Thursday-Saturday for a concert on Friday night with my friend of roughly the same age (20ish). Other than the concert we have no plans, so if anyone has any ideas, shoot!

Best Albums of 2014. Rate That Shiz, yo
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 07/07/2014 00:40
  • Post subject:
I was just there! La Boqueria is an awesome place to go see, there's some tourists but not nearly as many as you'd think. There's a drink stand right at the front that sells neon blue-green drinks - buy one. They're mint-lime but are one of the best things I've ever had.

Additionally avoid "trendy" tapas places. And "trendy" paella places. If it says "trendy", it seems to be because they're trying to be more American, lots of posters in weird english and the food tries to be fusion but ends up just being kind of disappointing.

Sagrada Familia is kind of worth a visit, and that's coming from someone with no interest in religion or architecture.

Oh yeah, and if you're into it, they have a big old museum of erotics that no one visits.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 07/14/2014 10:47
  • Post subject:
Hiya guys, I'll use the thread for my question if I may...

As I mentioned in another thread, I'll be going on a trip in august, involving a week in London, two music festivals (Jabberwocky and Rock en Seine) and meeting a couple of BEA users in the process. The big question right now is my stay in London - I'm still working on an itinerary of sorts, so if anyone has any ideas or cool places to see, lay it on me. Alternatively I'm also open to the idea of travelling around during that week. Cumbria is a bit far to do that (sry Luke Sad ), but are there any cool places in southern England (or anywhere that's within a couple of hours drive to London) to see?

Another question - does anyone use Couchsurfing? The plan for my London stay is to find a couch via CS, but I haven't used the site yet so any tips, advices (or if you're willing to add me as friends if that's how it goes) are very welcome.
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/14/2014 15:19
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
Cumbria is a bit far to do that (sry Luke Sad )

;_;
  • Visit poster's website