List of albums to listen to...

View previous topic :: View next topic
meezus

• Posted: 10/14/2013 16:04
  • Post subject: List of albums to listen to...
Sorry if this has already been suggested. I didn't see anything about it on here. Just wondering if it's feasible to have a list/queue of albums that you want to listen to, but haven't yet. Sort of like the Wish List feature. I suppose the Wish List feature could just be used for this, on an individual basis, but since I already use the Wish List feature to keep track of albums that I want to purchase, it would be great and really helpful to have an option to add an album to a list of albums in a queue to listen to.
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 10/14/2013 16:11
  • Post subject:
That's one of the uses for the Wish List. I use it for all the albums I plan on listening to.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 10/14/2013 16:48
  • Post subject:
I have 2 private charts, and that's what I use them for. Just albums that I want to listen to.
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 10/14/2013 16:58
  • Post subject:
Maybe if there's a way you could sort the albums in your wishlist by whether you listened to them or not (the way you can on any of the charts)... Seems a bit needless to have two separate features for two similar things, but if there was an option that would only show the albums you wishlisted but have yet to listen to, it should be good enough...
  • Visit poster's website
meezus

• Posted: 10/14/2013 17:44
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
Maybe if there's a way you could sort the albums in your wishlist by whether you listened to them or not (the way you can on any of the charts)... Seems a bit needless to have two separate features for two similar things, but if there was an option that would only show the albums you wishlisted but have yet to listen to, it should be good enough...

That's a good idea... Yeah, that would work. Any way to implement that? I guess the "priority" function would work in the meantime. Could just mark things that haven't been listened to with a different priority from everything else, and sort by that...
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 10/14/2013 20:04
  • Post subject: Re: List of albums to listen to...
meezus wrote:
Sorry if this has already been suggested. I didn't see anything about it on here. Just wondering if it's feasible to have a list/queue of albums that you want to listen to, but haven't yet. Sort of like the Wish List feature. I suppose the Wish List feature could just be used for this, on an individual basis, but since I already use the Wish List feature to keep track of albums that I want to purchase, it would be great and really helpful to have an option to add an album to a list of albums in a queue to listen to.

I've also quite often wanted to do that as well. I think utilising the wish list is a good idea, as suggested in the thread. A 'listened/not listened' filter could be added to the shortlist which might achieve a similar thing. Also, the idea of custom lists outside of the BEA built-in ones so that people can create/label their own shortlists to fit their requirements. I think that whole area of the site could do with an overhaul.
  • Visit poster's website