For the users of BEA

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 11/03/2013 17:19
  • Post subject: For the users of BEA
Could we take some time to realize that we are on a music website. One about finding the best ever album, even if some would say such a task could never be accomplished. Regardless of your belief in this it is almost certain you come here because you enjoy music.

Some time this year things have begun to feel a little nastier around here. For all the wonderful work albummaster has done for this website there are some longer term users who are making this place less welcoming. There are users with a great "us vs them" vibe. Users have been run off this website. Others have an appalling way of talking to users different from themselves. Lots of hate is being thrown around. I know I have been attacked on here a few times lately. I don't feel welcome by some and I know if I were a new user in 2013 I wouldn't have stuck around for a month.

So please, keep it friendly. There will be many new faces next year and it would be a shame to have these users turned away from the forums before they show their greatness.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 11/03/2013 18:03
  • Post subject:
Its interesting to see this look at things. For me, as a new user from 2013, I think the site is great. There are certainly the occasional lashouts, but I think this is still a far better community than most. And while there are things to work on (I'm guilty of one up-too-late stupid post myself), I still think that as a whole its a pretty amazing community here. Just my opinion. Thought I'd share.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 11/03/2013 18:09
  • Post subject:
god forbid people post while inebriated

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 11/03/2013 18:09
  • Post subject:
hahhahaha im just kidding

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 11/03/2013 18:10
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Its interesting to see this look at things. For me, as a new user from 2013, I think the site is great. There are certainly the occasional lashouts, but I think this is still a far better community than most. And while there are things to work on (I'm guilty of one up-too-late stupid post myself), I still think that as a whole its a pretty amazing community here. Just my opinion. Thought I'd share.

Ditto here. I think the forum is very civil, for the most part. It's a little cliquey at times and one particular user seems to be a magnet for bickering, but overall I'd say this is a very nice community.
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

• Posted: 11/03/2013 18:33
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:

This definitely. It has been a wide range of moods in the forums - I probably was there for about a tenth of those not-so-pleasant moments. But, overall, this community is very comfortable when it wants to be.
ShaneSpear
Thread Killah

United States

• Posted: 11/03/2013 18:40
  • Post subject:
Once again, I am at a loss of why you have to continually post about the so-called darkness of this website, pretending like it's some sort of dystopia or crapsack world and that BEA is akin to some show on HBO.

MY State of the Website is that its perfectly fine and healthy.

There is a grand total of one active person that was causing trouble, and he took a hiatus and for the moment is behaving perfectly normal.

You don't have to get on your mount and talk down to the rest of us.

I have no idea why you've been behaving this way since you became a mod again, but I am soooo sick of the Helen Lovejoy.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 11/03/2013 18:40
  • Post subject:
Don't be afraid, new people. From time to time, the outlaw opens a topic about how "some people" do this and that that he doesn't like, and totally leaves it for others to guess who he's aiming at. The forum is grand these days. I've seen much worse.

And don't forget! If some people bore you, there's that "ignore" option. It saved my life only recently, it's such a relief.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 11/03/2013 19:05
  • Post subject:
Hm...This is weird. BEA feels really cordial these days. And I especially think music discussion and discovery is thriving. There are lots of new users popping up and they all seem to be sucking up music as fast as we can recommend it, and we've got the best ever debut tournament...

As much as I love you Outlaw (you're one of my favourite users) this is kind of silly. Remember, passive-aggression isn't much better than straight up aggression. If you have problems with people being a certain way, or being aggressive, being passive aggressive in response doesn't necessarily make you the better person.

• Posted: 11/03/2013 19:13
  • Post subject:
revolver94 wrote:
god forbid people post while inebriated

Cheers!