I don't feel good anymore

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki
  • Posted: 11/12/2013 22:12
  • Post subject: I don't feel good anymore
I don't feel like doing anything anymore. I keep feeling unhappy and I don't know what to do about it. I can't assert myself to do things I enjoy. Things which I enjoy like playing guitar, reading or writing have all been put on hold. I would like to be doing them but I can't focus myself anymore. It's like I am drifting through my days in a daze right now. I'm alright when I am engaging with people but when I find myself alone I'm just lying down or sitting with no purpose. I can't be bothered with anything right now and I really should be doing something as I don't feel happy at all inside.
  • Posted: 11/12/2013 22:14
  • Post subject:
Sounds to me like you have some kind of depression...

Have you been to see a doctor? If not you probably should. If it is depression then the sooner you deal with it the better!
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland
  • Posted: 11/12/2013 22:16
  • Post subject:
That's what happens to me when my anxiety breaks or my SAD hits said anxiety into overdrive. If you don't have the money or time to go see medical advice I recommend trying to power through it. I take walks and do things I enjoy even if I feel empty when the same thing happens to me and it usually works out in time.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki
  • Posted: 11/12/2013 22:19
  • Post subject:
Mancsoulsister wrote:
Sounds to me like you have some kind of depression...

Have you been to see a doctor? If not you probably should. If it is depression then the sooner you deal with it the better!

I don't want to see any doctor though. I just don't want to.
Kiki
  • Posted: 11/12/2013 22:22
  • Post subject:
Gowienczyk wrote:
That's what happens to me when my anxiety breaks or my SAD hits said anxiety into overdrive. If you don't have the money or time to go see medical advice I recommend trying to power through it. I take walks and do things I enjoy even if I feel empty when the same thing happens to me and it usually works out in time.

I spend a good deal of the afternoon on my feet usually. I like walking yet I am practically in a city right now. I go on holiday to a place where I can walk in the countryside for a few miles. It's great there but won't be going again untill next year.

I thought along the lines of that last line. Thought about finding a new activity to do. A new challange altogether.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States
  • Posted: 11/12/2013 22:22
  • Post subject:
Exercise! Healthiest way to relieve stress and improve the overall quality of your life. Also, try finding one thing that you are passionate about, and pursue it. I know, easier said than done, but it's my two cents.
  • Posted: 11/12/2013 22:26
  • Post subject:
I am all-too-familiar with that feeling. It sounds like you're suffering from some form of depression. My best advice would be to talk to a psychiatrist. Aside from that, there are all sorts of tricks I've learned over the years to deal with depression:

1. Spend some time with your friends.
2. Pick up a new hobby. Obsess over something for a while.
3. Get into a new TV show.
4. Start exercising/exercise more if you already do. Try walking or biking places instead of driving.
5. Try sleeping in a new spot in your house.
6. Try some non-chemically-addictive recreational drugs when you have some free time.
7. Never stop doing things. If you get bored with something, find something else to do.
8. Try eating healthier. Soda especially is notorious for worsening depression, so try staying off of it if you don't already.
9. Start dating if you're not in a relationship, but don't take it too fast.

Those are all short-term options. If the problem persists in the long-term, maybe consider moving to a new city or finding a new job (or just finding a job if you're unemployed). Maybe even go back to school if you never got your degree (I know nothing about your life). Those options all require a lot of commitment, but sometimes committing to something is the best way to kick yourself out of a depressive state.

Let me know if you need any more advice. I've lived with depression pretty much my whole life, and over time I've gotten better and better at keeping it under control, so if you need help doing the same I'd be happy to give it Smile

EDIT: I see you aren't interested in seeing a doctor. I know that feeling. I've been pretty reluctant to see one myself. However, I'd urge you to reconsider. I know it's hard, but it can work wonders.
  • Posted: 11/12/2013 22:32
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
I don't want to see any doctor though. I just don't want to.

I'd always advocate going to see a doctor when you have an illness and you don't know what it is!

Doctors don't know everything but they know more than most people here on the BEA forum. There could be all kinds of reasons why you feel like this. Some could be fairly 'trivial' and easy to put right, others may not be and your malaise could just be an outward symptom of something far more serious.

By not seeing a doctor you could be making yourself worse and putting your health at serious risk.

Please please please go and seek medical help! If the idea of doctors and hospitals scare you (they do me so I empathise), then take a trusted person with you. They can at least support you if you need it.

But really please please go - I know far too many people who have died this year who didn't seek medical help when they should have done or left it too late! I would really hate to think that could happen to you as well!
sp4cetiger
  • Posted: 11/12/2013 22:33
  • Post subject:
Lots of great suggestions here, but having been through this myself, I doubt anything but medical/mental help is really going to solve the problem. Some people are just predisposed to this kind of thing, it's probably not as big a deal as you think. *shrug*
Kiki
  • Posted: 11/12/2013 22:35
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
Exercise! Healthiest way to relieve stress and improve the overall quality of your life. Also, try finding one thing that you are passionate about, and pursue it. I know, easier said than done, but it's my two cents.

Thanks! Very good advice